Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-26-2001, 04:38 PM   #11
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
NOW THERE'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG!!!! DEAD WRONG! An American life is worth more to me. You see, I'm an American! Maybe you aren't. If not, I couldn't be happier about it. If you are, maybe you need to go live somewhere else! Perhaps you'd give your own mother in exchange for Bin Laden and a couple of his cronies? By your equation, it's a better deal right?
You know what this is called?
Discrimination

Edit -

Now who is having a superiority complex?
you treat the rest of the world as cattle now

------------------

I'm Watching you...

[This message has been edited by Rikard (edited 09-26-2001).]

Old 09-26-2001, 04:40 PM   #12
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
NOW THERE'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG!!!! DEAD WRONG! An American life is worth more to me. You see, I'm an American! Maybe you aren't. If not, I couldn't be happier about it. If you are, maybe you need to go live somewhere else! Perhaps you'd give your own mother in exchange for Bin Laden and a couple of his cronies? By your equation, it's a better deal right?
I believe that what was meant was that all people are equal, have equal rights. One of the foundations of democracy, or?

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Old 09-26-2001, 04:41 PM   #13
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Honestly i can see where Osama bin laden is coming from
I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT
but i think we should look at the underlying reasons before we go confict people
Fact is that America is always helping the Jew in Isreal and that can be quite frustrating
Second America does not respect the way that the islamic countries live
Third Terrorism was thought by the Americans themselfs

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN?
this way of bombing countries doesn't work
it didn;t work in Iraq
It didn;t work in Kosovo
It won;t work in Afganistan
because all you do is hurt the innocent
And the real badguys enjoy that as they will hate the americans even more

Militairy ain;t always the solution

Stop creating you own problems

[/B][/QUOTE]

YOU Sir, have offended me!!!! The only thing you and I agree on is that we shouldn't have brought those two to power. We should have let nature take it's course and let them slaughter each other and ignored the underdogs that cried for help! It's those very dogs that are biting our hands today!

You say you see where Bin Laden is coming from?! Maybe you should join him where he is going then! You know what I see in him? A classic petty dictator that likes being a big fish in a small pond. A murdering power monger trying to make himself out as a savior!

By the way, the military action in Kuwait worked just fine. I was there, they tucked their tails and RAN!!! They ran like hell!

[This message has been edited by Sir Kenyth (edited 09-26-2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 04:42 PM   #14
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Hold on just a second there, Sir K.

How can the life of one human being be worth more than that of another? American lives, Saudi lives, Chinese lives, Russian lives - we're all human beings, we're all people! Please think what you are saying!

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination
Old 09-26-2001, 04:48 PM   #15
G'kar

Quote:
What a sad, sad, sad point of view. I disagree one hundred percent.
Placing differing value on human life based on their nationality is the same mentality that the terrorists use to justify to such evil acts. Looks like you have more in common with your enemy than you know.

You arrogant Americans, oops wait, I am one!

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 09-26-2001).]

Old 09-26-2001, 04:49 PM   #16
tracey
Manshoon

well said, G'har and rikard. sir kenyth, you are a twit. (no offence)(ish)
we've all had a some indepth discussions on this topic and i believe that your view has been expressed by others'. you may have been in the military, but you have very little idea about the background of the current situation and about human nature and the causes of conflict.

america's attitude to the rest of the world (not the individuals per se,) ie; american interest, that craps on fragile economies in the name of 'free trade and 'free market'.

what did the world trade centre and the pentagon stand for? global military and economic landmarks that symbolise a huge and unbalanced stature in the world.

the american government desires and has consistently worked towards a situation of 'full spectrum dominance' hardly a situation that the rest of the world feels comfortable with.

you can find some in-depth considerations of the violence done by the west in other threads. i suggest you read them.
Old 09-26-2001, 04:52 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I do NOT agree that americans are worth more than others, but I DO agree that americans(And most other people for that matter) are worth more than Osama Bin Laden and his heartless terrorists, a person's worth is determined by their ACTIONS, not their nationality, those who support Osama Bin Laden may or may not be innocent, for many of them have been brainwashed from birth to see the Western World as Evil and Osama Bin Laden as a "heroic freedom fighter", you can't really blame them for supporting him if they've been told stuff like that from birth, can you?

As I see it, there are three ways to get kill/capture Osama Bin Laden:

A) Bomb Afghanistan back to the Stone Age, Osama Bin Laden will either be killed by this, the people will hand him over to America to end the bombing or it will clear the way for solution B).

B) An attack with small elite units of soldiers who will locate, and then capture or assasinate him and his closes lieutenants.

C) Bribe Afghanistan, offer them money, removal of sanctions and trade embargos and possibly and alliance in exchange for them handing over Osama Bin Laden.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 09-26-2001, 04:53 PM   #18
tracey
Manshoon

G'kar, i'm becoming very fond of you. you naughty american, you!
Old 09-26-2001, 04:53 PM   #19
Rikard

Calmed down a *bit*
I must first say I'm deeply hurt by your words as I an a Chinese living in the Netherlands
And I think my live is worth as much as the live of every other individual in the world
God created us all equal as the bothe Bible as the C'ran (Koran) say

If you say you as the USA are the greater good you do exactly the same as Bin Laden does
but only with another group of people
Narrowmindedness leads to great wars

It happend in 1914 when Franz Ferdinand was killed
It happend in 1933 when Hitler came to power
It happend in 1917 when Lenin took over control

please think about what you say

------------------

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-26-2001, 04:56 PM   #20
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I do NOT agree that americans are worth more than others, but I DO agree that americans(And most other people for that matter) are worth more than Osama Bin Laden and his heartless terrorists, a person's worth is determined by their ACTIONS, not their nationality, those who support Osama Bin Laden may or may not be innocent, for many of them have been brainwashed from birth to see the Western World as Evil and Osama Bin Laden as a "heroic freedom fighter", you can't really blame them for supporting him if they've been told stuff like that from birth, can you?

As I see it, there are three ways to get kill/capture Osama Bin Laden:

A) Bomb Afghanistan back to the Stone Age, Osama Bin Laden will either be killed by this, the people will hand him over to America to end the bombing or it will clear the way for solution B).

B) An attack with small elite units of soldiers who will locate, and then capture or assasinate him and his closes lieutenants.

C) Bribe Afghanistan, offer them money, removal of sanctions and trade embargos and possibly and alliance in exchange for them handing over Osama Bin Laden.

A will lead to Bin Laden being a Martyr
B will lead to Bin Laden Being a Martyr
C will lead to Bin Laden being a martyr But also to a better life for the Afgani who will stop having reasons to hate the western world

an option D will be even better if the Muslim high priests would decite Bin Laden shopuld be handed over thus giving a clear message "THIS IS NOT THE WAY THE ISLAM WAS MEANT TO BE READ"

------------------

I'm Watching you...