Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-31-2001, 12:11 AM   #291
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Yeah. I think we did. And as you said, it's up to him now. I know that sexual harrassment is a very real issue, but I also think people tend to go way overboard with it. It's like a polite man not holding a door open for a woman because the last time he did he got chewed for being a chauvenest! Stupid! I think it's a courtesy to hold the door for someone and do so myself whenever possible. I wish people could just could just chill a little.

Well, although I get angry glares from women when I hold the door for them, I still do. I've even had one lady walk up to me with her finger a wagging and say, "Do I look like some helpless moron?" I just smiled and still held the door as she grunted and walked in. I like doing that though (holding the door open I mean.) I have had a few ladies thank me too, but overall I've had more hurt feelings than anything. It's enough to drive a man to drink. LOL. In real life though, I really don't drink that much. Maybe 3 times a year or so. Last couple of years, I haven't really drank at all. I don't smoke either. That really seems to make people mad. I don't understand that. Just because I don't drink, and I don't smoke doesn't mean I think I am better than people that do. It just means that I don't like smoking and I just don't drink that often. (I do get slap happy drunk sometimes when I drink though.) I prefer to get "high" with people I am with. And in case someone thinks I am referring to drugs. No. I don't mean drugs either. Just hanging around and stuff. I really like travel. God, this is starting to sound like a personal or something. I guess I better stop before it sounds even more depressing than it really is. LOL

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-31-2001, 12:25 AM   #292
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
IR!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ROTFL! You really did that! (I read in the cricket or Memny's other thread where you mentioned it)

Time him with a sundial.....Too funny!

Good story, and nowhere near too long, so don't apologize! I love it!

Cloudy

Yup, it happened. I gave the shortened version here. My pitcher threw to first 7 times! I was cussing him, and getting warned by the home plate umpire (who was doing his best not to laugh), to watch my language or he'd "run" me. That was when I went to the mound. It was a darned shame my coach was ticked off. I would have loved to have seen my name in a record book (the local paper just said I was ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct).

Well, going to bed now. Have to work tomorrow. Take care, all.

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 03-31-2001, 12:28 AM   #293
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Aw, Tobbs, I don't think it's pathetic at all... And I also think your a true gentleman and whole-hearteny wish there were more. But, I realize, that in this day and age and with everybody being so sensitive about everything, that the gentlemanly arts are hard to maintain. *SIGH* I admire the few of you who steadfastly persist. I am one of the ones who says thankyou!!!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-31-2001, 12:31 AM   #294
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

Well, although I get angry glares from women when I hold the door for them, I still do. I've even had one lady walk up to me with her finger a wagging and say, "Do I look like some helpless moron?" I just smiled and still held the door as she grunted and walked in. I like doing that though (holding the door open I mean.) I have had a few ladies thank me too, but overall I've had more hurt feelings than anything. It's enough to drive a man to drink. LOL. In real life though, I really don't drink that much. Maybe 3 times a year or so. Last couple of years, I haven't really drank at all. I don't smoke either. That really seems to make people mad. I don't understand that. Just because I don't drink, and I don't smoke doesn't mean I think I am better than people that do. It just means that I don't like smoking and I just don't drink that often. (I do get slap happy drunk sometimes when I drink though.) I prefer to get "high" with people I am with. And in case someone thinks I am referring to drugs. No. I don't mean drugs either. Just hanging around and stuff. I really like travel. God, this is starting to sound like a personal or something. I guess I better stop before it sounds even more depressing than it really is. LOL

Tobbin, you are a gentleman of the first caliber! And I for one think it's wonderful! Guess I got a bit of traditional and old fashioned in my upbringing, but I understand what you are saying! I CAN open a door for myself, sure, but if someone else does it for me..well isn't that sweet of them!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-31-2001, 12:36 AM   #295
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyRae, looks like we both know a gentleman when we meet one!

I admit to being a Romantic at heart...and I also admit that I'm doing things on my own, like replace my sump pump...argh! Now, I'll add that: ONE, yes it gave me great satisfaction to be able to do something like that on my own,but TWO...if a nice handyman type gentleman offered to do it for me? I'd be outta that basement fetching him a wrench and dinner so fast your head would spin! LOL

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-31-2001, 12:40 AM   #296
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I wholeheartedly agree, I will always open a ladies door, pick up something she dropped etcetera, etcetera. I usually make sure I don't make eye contact and that seems to keep them from getting a false impression, or feeling that I am being chauvanistic pig.
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 03-31-2001, 12:47 AM   #297
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Relic??? You're here???

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-31-2001, 12:49 AM   #298
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Aw, Tobbs, I don't think it's pathetic at all... And I also think your a true gentleman and whole-hearteny wish there were more. But, I realize, that in this day and age and with everybody being so sensitive about everything, that the gentlemanly arts are hard to maintain. *SIGH* I admire the few of you who steadfastly persist. I am one of the ones who says thankyou!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Tobbin, you are a gentleman of the first caliber! And I for one think it's wonderful! Guess I got a bit of traditional and old fashioned in my upbringing, but I understand what you are saying! I CAN open a door for myself, sure, but if someone else does it for me..well isn't that sweet of them!

Cloudy

Well, my ex-wife never thought like that. She was always thinking (or making me think she thought this way) that I viewed her as weak. I am 5'10" and I seem to hook up with shorter ladies. Normally from like 5' to 5'4". I usually hook up with women about 6 years or thereabouts younger than I am too. Now, I don't mind the height/age difference and all, but it does bother other people sometimes. Anyways, my ex-wife was/is very sarcastic. She's got the romance of a stump. Anytime I would try and do something for her, she would get mad. I stopped buying roses as she was always complaining that I must be doing something wrong to give her flowers. Same thing about trying to make her birthday special one time too. I took off from work and fixed up the trailer (we were living in a trailer back then and were pretty poor) really nice (she never cleaned.) Anyways, so I cook up some steaks and taters and some other fixins and stuff and borrow a tux from friend and had the towel thing with my arm and all and was ready for her when she came home. I told her that her reservation was ready and sat her down at her table (dinner table). Then I said that her dinner would be ready shortly and would she like a drink with that. Ok, I thought it was kind of a nice touch as I saved up enough for the dinner and all and I lost a day's pay so I could get everything fixed up. That's what she freaked about actually. She was all over me about how we couldn't afford it and I was stupid to do something like that without asking her (if I had asked her about it, it wouldn't have been a surprise). Well, after a couple of other failed attempts, I figured she was actually happier with me not doing anything for her. I was at a loss there. I learned that trying to please others shouldn't include not pleasing yourself too. I was pretty miserable during those times, but once I started trying to do stuff for myself (she never did), I started to enjoy myself somewhat. I think that really infuriated her though, cause we ended up splitting up and then getting divorced. Ah well. L'amor. Better to have loved than to have never loved at all, I guess.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-31-2001, 12:52 AM   #299
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Yes lovely Princess, actually I have been here for awhile, I was just letting you and friend Tobbin have some time together. So I was catching up on some other posts
Where did friend Tobbin go I hope he didn't feel that he had to leave on my account
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 03-31-2001, 12:54 AM   #300
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Excellent Tobbin is still here, how are you
Smitten by LadyRae