Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-23-2002, 06:14 AM   #1
Zidane
Manshoon

This is weird.

I have reinstalled BGII SoA because I was getting an assertion error, plus I wanted a clean game, so I could organise any extras I downloaded instead of having bits and pieces everywhere, and I couldn't remember which was original and what was not.

I am playing on a Mac with the OS X installation.

I wanted to add my CLUA Console cheat stuff, so I altered my Baldurs.ini file and put the Debug Mode=1 in, made a copy of my original and put the cheat file in.

Doesn't matter how many times I try, this doesn't work anymore.

I even tried the Baldur's Gate I cheat (Cheats=1) but that didn't work either. I am stumped because it worked before!!!!!

What have I done wrong, it worked on my old installation, I have downloaded the new patch from MacPlay and installed that, nothing, and taken it out again, nothing.

Maybe it is fate telling me not to cheat .

Has anyone else had this problem?

Z

Also

I want to change my profile name to Lady Zidane, how do I do that?

Z
Old 02-23-2002, 07:24 AM   #2
Feyd
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dear, Lady Zidane - did you put the Debug Mode=1 under the line Program Options? Also, check that you write the CLUAConsole lines correctly. It has happen to me several times. Oh! It's not cheating to use the CLUA. It's your game, you bought it. Have fun!

And about your name changing - probably need to direct that question to the forum moderators OR just wait, Memnoch, the Overseer, will probably see your post.

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: Feyd ]

Feyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 09:04 AM   #3
Zidane
Manshoon

Duh...

I was being clever wasn't I? NOT!

I THOUGHT it went under game options so that was where I put it this time ( I obviously put it in the right place the first time I played it, but didn't bother to check this time round cos last time I kept a folder with my original ini and a folder with my cheat ini and just swapped them round). But you know what THOUGHT did don't you?

I don't keep the cheat on all the time, I give myself a few extra arrows at the beginning and a couple of resurrection scrolls to tide me over then I take it out.

Anyway enough of the rambling, I have just put it where it belongs under Program Options and low and behold - it works.

Cheers Feyd

Z