Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 07:27 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

How many of you use shadowkeeper or other cheats to edit something? If you think about the storyline in the game, you are supposed to be a son of a god if I'm not mistaken. Shouldn't that entitle you to something special? Whether its better character tributes then the game gives you,(ie 19 strength) or some special innate ablitites, I think you should have something special. I am not talking about buffing all the stats up to make yourself a complete superhuman. but maybe adding a few points here and there couldn't hurt like maybe an average of 16-17 points per attribute. does anyone feel the way I do? or completely disagree. I'de love to hear some feedback on what some other gamers think about this. Thanks in advance to any that reply.

------------------
"They come in the dark. Always in the dark..."
Old 10-24-2001, 07:34 PM   #2
StarVid
Elminster

No way. Being the son of the God doesn't mean you can act like it. You get what you're given in this game, and that should be good enough. Think of it this way, what would Jesus do?
Old 10-24-2001, 07:40 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

someone agrees with me! shock ! horror! never before has such a thing happened!

ahem, back to normal.

as ive said before, its your game and you know how you want to play it. for my brother its a 25/25/25/25/25/25 mage, for me its more of a 19/19/19/12/8/3 fighter (legit stats)

in the near future im gonna put aragorn and co into the game (complete with anduril and sting etc) and see how it pans out. i'll put in innates acording to the characters - gimli get a whirlwind from the off, aragorn gets heal and some cure critical wounds, gandalf gets a cool staff, etc. will be fun. i hope. does anybody know where i can get som LOR screens for the portraits?

back to the point, you are a bhallspawn, so you are super-human and the D&D 2e system was designed for playing above-average humans(or elves etc). but then most of your power is latent. you can justify it with the plot, so why not.
i dunno. some curse the very name of shadowkeeper. i think its one of the best downloads you will ever make.

ah. slight problem - later in the game you DO get a super special innate ability. but only evil chars would use it. so you do have super-powers, but hey. feel free to add more.

Old 10-24-2001, 07:50 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

u should get some decent stats, but not overpower. remember, u have to be balanced in bg

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-24-2001, 07:58 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

You should ignore StarVid, hes one of those who feel that Bioware can do no wrong. cough cough imoen cough coug mage/theif cough.

oh, and jesus was set on this earth by a benevolent god to create peace (or by an unfaithful mother who came up with a REALLY original excuse, depending on who you listen to), whereas you were set on faerun to cause carnage and mayhem and slaughter and bring about the rebirth of the god of murder.

jesus (apparently) had powers appropriate to his task (which failed miserably, just listen to the news) and so you should have some to. and dont mention slayer change, im playing a good party.

so to recap - jesus would be totally out of his league in the BhallSpawn war, as hes just not cut out for warfare.

note to all the religous freaks preparing heated flames for me - i havent actually agreed with any side of any religious argument in this entire post. just read and think about it again. OK?
Old 10-24-2001, 08:01 PM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

To Shadowkeep.
Not to create extremely overpowered characters, mind you, but to correct small mistakes you made earlier (losing a certain item because it was kicked out of your inventory without realizing it; having the plan of dual-classing your character to a mage but forgot your Intelligence has to be 17 at least in order to be able to; reset a certain variable because the game got stuck, or one of the key players in a certain quest never showed up; change a portrait of an npc whose portrait is not to your liking; plenty of reasons not necessarily cheating in a very immature way).

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:01 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I agree with being balanced. I'de like to make my character just a total murder machine, but i think that makes the game less fun. right now my stats are 18/93 str 19 dex 17 con 16 int 15 wis 17 char I am an elf so all the abilities are legit, but i did have to add a few points using shadow keeper. i didnt add any innates or anything like that, but personally i feel the son of a god deserves a little better stats than the average Joe the computer makes for you. Bhaal was a bad dude, so I'mt thinking his son would be as well. Again its just a thought... I'de still love to hear some more ideas on the matter if anyone else has any.

------------------
Old 10-24-2001, 08:03 PM   #8
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Ehhh... my ranger is superhuman anyway without Shadowkeeping him. I do use shadowkeeper but only in case I screw something up majorly, or in the case of ToB, I used it to set my experience back to what I'd earned for my characters instead of 2,500,000. After playing all the way through BG1, ToSC, BG2, and ToB my ranger was 22/23/22/16/18/17, add in crom fayr and he was pretty godlike, but he'd earned it all. My third role right after I bought BG1 gave me a lowest stat of 15 though so he was easy to bump up *shrugs*
Old 10-24-2001, 08:03 PM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

go ahead, use that for that purpose. i would also fix my mages int, so they can learn higher level spells, and higher wisdom for mages for their limited wishing.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-24-2001, 08:10 PM   #10
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I agree with being balanced. I'de like to make my character just a total murder machine, but i think that makes the game less fun. right now my stats are 18/93 str 19 dex 17 con 16 int 15 wis 17 char I am an elf so all the abilities are legit, but i did have to add a few points using shadow keeper. i didnt add any innates or anything like that, but personally i feel the son of a god deserves a little better stats than the average Joe the computer makes for you. Bhaal was a bad dude, so I'mt thinking his son would be as well. Again its just a thought... I'de still love to hear some more ideas on the matter if anyone else has any.

------------------