Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 02:32 PM   #1
Lord Exxon

Dont you just hate to be killed by spells like disintegrate, power word: kill etc?
Well, here's a tip for those of you who wont to cheat.
You can equipp your entire party with the ring of free action! I know that you only can get one of that ring, but you can either duplicate it, or you can cheat using Shadowkeeper!
And while wearing that ring, you are also immune to things like level drain etc!
This is a great thing to have while fighting Irenicus.

-------------------------------------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-15-2001, 02:46 PM   #2
Byronas

Thanks Lord Exxon! Really useful tip.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-15-2001, 02:48 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Really? Do other items which grant Free Action also have this effect?
Old 10-15-2001, 02:52 PM   #4
Lord Exxon

I am not sure, but I do think that the ring is the only free action item which grants full immunity.

-----------------------------------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-15-2001, 02:57 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

It DOES prevent you from hasting your characters, but I think that is a small price to pay for spell immunity.
Old 10-15-2001, 03:59 PM   #6
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Don't think so, it doesn't effect your saving throws or any of that, try it then, fight Kangaxx and see if you can( or cannot) be imprisoned. If you want to be immune btw, get shadowkeeper, take all resistanceses to 100 and nobody can harm you (except for a few spells)

------------------

The book of wisdom
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
- Priest of Helm
- Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
- Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
- Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness
- Worshipper of Dradeel
Bad dog, bad dog -Dradeel
Old 10-15-2001, 04:14 PM   #7
mitsos

I just hate Kangaxx's imprisonments. There is no saving throw! This makes one of the best spells (if you have it!) and one of the worst(if the enemy has it). Anyway, I thing that the ring of Gaxx is one of the best non-weapon items in the game.

Old 10-15-2001, 04:18 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

If i have my mages cast imprisoment they first walk to target before they start casting, i never saw kangaxx doing that! Is this a bug of somekind?

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-15-2001, 05:57 PM   #9
Debaser

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
If i have my mages cast imprisoment they first walk to target before they start casting, i never saw kangaxx doing that! Is this a bug of somekind?

Yeah, i've noticed this too...it's really bogus and kind of why i don't use imprisonment that much. it's like, if my mage is badass enough to crush Kangaxx, why the hell can't he cast the spell in the same way as him?
Old 10-15-2001, 07:36 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

because the DM (black isle in this case) modified kangaxx from the standard demi-liche template in order to introduce some variety, and gave him this infinite, ranged, quick , no save imprisonment.

and does the ring of free action really beat it? in all cases? i feel a rematch in the mage/fighter duels coming up!