Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 03:14 PM   #1
Tom
Elminster

Who is your favorite NPC in BG1 or 2?

I prefer Edwin. Funny accent. Evil attitude. Evil ways. PURE POWER
Old 05-08-2001, 03:15 PM   #2
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Jan, Edwin, and Minsc together is quite amusing . ..

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Old 05-08-2001, 03:17 PM   #3
Gimlee
Elminster

Korgan.

He always has something to say when you talk to someone. Jan too.
Old 05-08-2001, 04:23 PM   #4
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

definitely Aerie, Jaheira and Anomen (man am I gonna bleed for this)
Aerie because of the wonderful love story, which makes BG2 a new playing experience and somewhat like a movie---see my bg movie topic by the way---)
Jaheira because of having one true friend who never would back down when I´m in danger is one of the small things that makes RPG´s extra-rockin´ and the great dialogues with Aerie.
Finally, Anomen(how shall I put this...), his development throughout the game is astounding, especially when Korgan is in the party, one can see how a noble whimp becomes a man and true hero.(and because he is the one I blessed with the task of bearing the flail of ages)
My most disliked characters are:
Nalia - annoying, wasted 4 levels on thieving, boring
Cernd - I never even gave him a chance, because I´m just not interested in an NPC who can only reach level 14
SPOILER............
Yoshimo - because after all the time you spent on him, he turns on you
Minsc - only because he wants Aerie to be his witch, otherwise he´d be really cool

What about your non-favourites?
Old 05-08-2001, 04:38 PM   #5
Rikard

*-=^Kivan^=-*
I really wonder why he ain't in BG2

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-08-2001, 04:43 PM   #6
The Pope
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, there are different aspects to be taken into consideration.
There's favourite and there's favourite. Know what I'm saying? Probably not...

Allow me to explain.

I dig Keldorn. I think he's the best NPC out there. I mean, give him Gauntlets of DEX and Carsomyr, and there isn't much that can stop him. Add that his kit gives him immunity to charm and hold, and he's the perfect flayer-slayer. Plus, his personal armor grants Free Action, plus, he can Dispel Magic and True Sight, which are 2 invaluable spells.

On the other side, I adore Jan for his personality. His interaction with the other NPCs is, simply put, hilarious ("Hey Haerry, I have an idea for a play!" lol Angus the Giant Beaver & Gungan the Hormonal Moose , and "You'll go far, you know, even further maybe, than Uncle Bifflechips, though he was thrown by a catapult, so I suppose I shouldn't count him..." ROFLMAO ). And Boo likes him... so he says...

So there you go, my 2 favourite NPCs. Keldorn for the effectiveness, and Jan for the character.

Now if someone would only care for my opinion. Hmmm, really should think about that before I post something.
Oh you! He asked for it!
Hmm, then I suppose it's alright...

------------------
GameBanshee, where I shall be a moderator, one day...
Old 05-08-2001, 04:45 PM   #7
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

wow. stone golem. impressive. i never experienced the fun you all had with kivan, because the german version of bg1 was so very bad translated that i stopped playing it after 4 hours. tell me what is so coll about him.
Old 05-08-2001, 05:36 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Long live Korgan!!!!!!!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-08-2001, 05:50 PM   #9
Aurican
Elminster

I liked Kivan from BGI too. I can't explain it, he was what a ranger was supposed to be like...
IN BGII I liked, well, I don't think any of the npcs in BGII were all that impressive. I wish that Solifein could have joined your party.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 05-08-2001, 05:51 PM   #10
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Definitely Korgan. Some of the things he says are hilarious. He insults everyone, regardless of their alignment; except Edwin, he kinda likes him.