Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-27-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
Mickeys_Elbow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im in Firkraag's dungeon right now and am facing these freaks but they just regenerate and ungodly rates... they didn't appear to do this on any previous attempt I've made at this dungeon but then again I've never solo'd before. Any help/suggestions?
Old 01-27-2003, 07:50 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

what are you soloing as?
Old 01-27-2003, 07:52 PM   #3
Mickeys_Elbow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HE Fighter Mage 13/13.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:06 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

when i was playing as a sorc. i used greater malison and feeblemind to keep them from attacking. couldn't kill the guys but did stop them from attacking.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
Mickeys_Elbow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'll give it a shot... and btw, I'm completely amazed at the post responce time on this board. It's great!
Old 01-27-2003, 08:16 PM   #6
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

yeah i was so glad when i found it. tis a great board
Old 01-27-2003, 08:33 PM   #7
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
If you REALLY have to leave all your foes dead, there a a few things that might work to kill the wolfweres (preferably after they have been feebleminded):

I haven't tested this one, but maybe someone will tell us if it would work; Cast Carrion Summons to attack them--does paralysis suspend regeneration? If it does, with a couple of carrion crawlers to keep them paralyzed, you can hack them to pieces.

Since you're level 13, you could summon sword spiders that have 4 or 5 attacks per round, and might be able to outdamage the regeneration.

If nothing else works, you can cheat yourself a copy of the ninth level scroll Shapechange, transform into a mind flayer, and kill them with INT drain (clua code scrl9y) --personally, I wouldn't call it cheating since this regen problem is a known bug in the game.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 08:49 PM   #8
Mickeys_Elbow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The APR worked just not with the sword spiders. I used improved haste to overcome the regen... Feeblemind didn't really help much cause they couldn't really hit me as it was and for some reason their feeblemind would jump to me :/
Old 01-27-2003, 09:14 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The traditional route is to do the de'Arnise Keep before the Windspear Hills. Slowing the Greater Wolfweres will cut their Regeneration in half, and since the Slow from the FoA stacks, well....
Old 01-27-2003, 11:54 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Slow + Greater Malison... level 3 and 4 Mage spells respectively. Throw in a Hold Monster and some Spider Spawn, and Greater Wolfweres will become a problem of the past... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote