Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-31-2004, 02:29 AM   #31
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Heading over to a mates place for our own fireworks display and plenty of drinks!

See you all Next year!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:35 AM   #32
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
I don't believe in "New Years"... I don't celebrate it at all - it's just an excuse to get drunk IMO
Sounds about right, yeah.

I'll be in my room watching movies on my computer, playing my game on my Ps2 and dining on a pizza away from the drunks that will crowd my apartment and probably watch the family downstairs beat the crap out of each other when they're liquored up

[ 12-31-2004, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 12-31-2004, 04:23 AM   #33
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Just me, my cat Mithrilana and her three crazy kittens, Gloomy, Arthur and Tubs.

I'll play a bit of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Tenchu 2 on PS, then it'll be back to Fallout on PC. But its a nice night, so I might end up going for a ride.

Bah Humbug to the new year celebrations!
Its just another day and hedonism doesn't make it any more special.

I also might play some loud slow and doomy distorted bass guitar just to annoy the next door mormons or any near by revel-heads.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 12-31-2004, 06:59 AM   #34
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I'm having a few mates over and I'm sure at least one of them will get lathered. I probably won't since the girlfriend is coming, then later they can all bugger of and leave me to my bed, with the gf there to keep me warm [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2004, 07:09 AM   #35
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well the usual we eat at the stroke of midnight, open our closets and doors put money on our pockets and welcome the new year with open arms. [img]smile.gif[/img] After the family thing I don't know. There are tons of gigs happening around town here so I am not so sure... don't want to play with fireworks so I guess I'll try to watch some if ever.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:15 AM   #36
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

My wife suggested we spend New Years' eve alone together for a change. We havn't done that, ever.
We hope to go bowling or skating and then come back home.

For them what will be drinking, please be responsible my friends. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2004, 10:28 AM   #37
Grojlach
Zartan

The plan was to go to Prague with a group of friends, but the one who was supposed to take care of our flight tickets completely forgot about them until the flight was overbooked.
So now it's just having some drinks until midnight and then going out to a party downtown. Meh, I'd had worse.

[ 12-31-2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 12-31-2004, 10:57 AM   #38
Melusine
Dracolisk

Doh, Groj, what a bummer. [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] Ah well, have fun anyway!

I normally have a pretty quiet New Year's Eve - I almost always spend it at my mother's place, with my mom and sister. It's nice and predictable: there's always champagne, Riverdance on the telly, watching the fireworks from behind the windows, having to kiss the horribly mustachioed neighbour a happy new year, and basking in the glow of familial cosiness and warmth. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But this year I'm going to my sister's place to celebrate, after which I'll probably tuck in my mother at around 1:30 and then we're off to some party in the city (Utrecht) with karaoke and everything. :S
Thing about New Year's Eve though, is that people always seem to have huge expectations of it, but why would it be any different from any regular night out? Well, except for the fact that people get drunk on champagne instead of beer, dress a little more weirdly, stay out a little later and it costs you about ten times as much as a normal night. And so everybody usually gets disappointed. So I've decided not to have any expectations at all - well, besides expecting the karaoke to be even worse than watching Riverdance. I'm even going to get glammed up a little, though the chances of me doing karaoke remain infinitesimal. Oh and I doubt I'll still be able to spell infinitesimal in about 10 hours. Anyway. I hope you all will have a great evening (for the ones who still have the New Year's Eve ahead, that is) but more importantly, I hope you all have a great year ahead of you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and in closing I just wanted to say I read about the Australian initiative to start the new year with one minute of silence. Kudos to those who did.

[ 12-31-2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 12-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #39
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
My wife suggested we spend New Years' eve alone together for a change. We havn't done that, ever.

I've done that (with an exgirlfriend) and it is simply great. definatly oene of my fave new years.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:14 AM   #40
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I'm gonna babysit my cats. Poor animals think its WWIII. Besides, I don't really like all the BANG-BANG fireworks.