Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2003, 02:53 PM   #31
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Light Bulb

Actually, we eat scones over here quite a bit, and have Constant Comment for breakfast when I don't really need a caffiene fix. Starbucks influence, y'know. I think teacakes are better. Anybody wants to send me some chile and some Pinto beans (not mixed together, thankyewverramuch) is welcome to do so. An English friend of mine says that tea and buttered toast is the most English meal he knows of.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:57 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HAHAHAHA, Ok, so should I add the fish and chips, Kaltia? Mmmm.. boy that sounds good and I'm hungry! LOL

I'm off to finish some work in a minute.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:59 PM   #33
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Hi Calthy. Have you had your cake yet? Can I have some? Is there any chocolate in it? So what did you get? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Nope, haven't had my cake yet and - virtual cake, sure if you can find the smilie [img]tongue.gif[/img] . What did I get? Hmm... cards, a bit of money, a fridge, a trenchcoat at some point I shall recieve ~ a promised phonecall from a very special person...
Old 03-11-2003, 03:01 PM   #34
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
HAHAHAHA, Ok, so should I add the fish and chips, Kaltia? Mmmm.. boy that sounds good and I'm hungry! LOL

I'm off to finish some work in a minute.
Naah stay and talk with us Cloudy. I can write you a note you know. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] How about a "have to go home early due to rhinoviral infection"? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] At least your almost done for the day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Calthy, no cake yet? It´s what 8pm at your place? A phone call from someone special ehh? I wonder who...

Edit: How come you always notice more typos after correcting one? *sighs*

[ 03-11-2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 03-11-2003, 03:04 PM   #35
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Actually, we eat scones over here quite a bit, and have Constant Comment for breakfast when I don't really need a caffiene fix. Starbucks influence, y'know. I think teacakes are better. Anybody wants to send me some chile and some Pinto beans (not mixed together, thankyewverramuch) is welcome to do so. An English friend of mine says that tea and buttered toast is the most English meal he knows of.
Well, A very typical British thing, maybe a breakfast, but we are also famed for having fish and chip shops if you wish to be more contemporary, a typical British thing is eating from foreign food services, such as indian, hinese, Balti etc. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 03:06 PM   #36
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Willow, for the same reason you always see the keys in your ignition, right before the car door slams shut. Lord, I love that smiley. EDIT: I have noticed that, too, Talthyr. My English friend says that is because so many English cafes and pubs have such bad food.

[ 03-11-2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 03-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I have an hour to go. Am a bit testy thanks to co-worker pulling her now famous stunt of going to lunch and calling in to say she's on some errand or other and will be back late!

Today's errand: she decided that even though she has an appointment to drop her car off for work TOMORROW morning, she's going to do it NOW or rather an hour or more ago....in other words, she went off to lunch ten minutes early (my boss told me that) and then an hour later, at the time she should have been back in the office, she calls to say she's going to be late as she's decided to take her car to the mechanic. Thus she managed a 2 hour and 20 minute lunch. Nice, huh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 03:14 PM   #38
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I have noticed that, too, Talthyr. My English friend says that is because so many English cafes and pubs have such bad food.
Yep. It's not *bad* per se, I just find it bland. Except for the vunderful fish & chips shops, everyone in London was kind enough to direct me to the nearest Thai or Indian cuisine and warn me about the local fare.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:15 PM   #39
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Calthy, no cake yet? It´s what 8pm at your place? A phone call from someone special ehh? I wonder who...
lol, cake - soon - now actually [img]tongue.gif[/img] hmm, no prizes for guessing who the phone calls from
Old 03-11-2003, 05:09 PM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, so Timber is romancing his office...or was that Attalus? And CD is making a cake....or was that Willow? Someone needs to make me fish and chips soon...no, I think I'll go have pizza!

See you later!