Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 06:49 PM   #1
Conan

This is a thread "of getting it off your chest" Lets just say that. You are fully welcome to add your veiws..I warn you this is a side of me that none of you have ever seen. When innocent blood is spilled, Conan rides. I will keep it according to the great standards of IW but if you keep reading it will move you into feelings you might not of had before you entered here.
We still have not buried the dead yet and I will keep this in mind. My anger furys against these acts. My fury is at hand. My being senses an enemy of life itself.
As I watch the Capitol being evacuated now I know we are at war.(false bomb threat) Things will never be the same! Riding past the Airport(Reagan National) I see many new concrete barriers. They are talking no more e-tickets, curb side check ins and alot longer lines and time for check in.
Now to my main focus: The Enemy
I want you all to know that the Koran and truths involved with these writings have nothing to do with exteremists veiws.
Main suspect---> Osama Bin Laden
Al Qaeda(the base)goals
To establish a pan-islamic religious movement by working with allied Islamic extremist groups
To expel from Muslim areas Westerners, non-Muslim and Muslim leaders believed to have devated from fundamental beliefs.

Strenth:
May have several thousand members, drawing from a pool of more than 50,000 Afgan war veterans.

Funding
300 million or so. Fronts and organizations solicit donations

Areas
Algeria,Uzbekistan,Syria,Pakistan,Indonesia,Philli ppines,Lebanon,Iraq,Kosovo(Yugoslavia),Chechnya(Ru ssia), West Bank and Gaza.

Presumed links to attacks in the past.
1993---> WTO
1994--->Airline bomb in the Phillipines
1995--->Assassination attempt on the Egyptian President
1996--->Attack on complex in Dhahran,Saudi Arabia
1998--->Embassies of the US bombed
2000--->bombing of the USS Cole

He sees himself as continueing the jihad. All he wants to do is to attack the defense utilitys of the US. Blow up the infrastructure of my country.

I will end this on on note of a saying or relateing this to these words..."When officials find who was involved, all involved, it will come back your way ...........yippee kai yay M.....F.....s"

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 09-13-2001, 07:02 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It is a war. I think the ones who did this are already wishing they hadnt. Too late. Yes it has caused they chaos they wanted. But they might not have expected the entire world (except for exuberant idiots) to turn against them in the manner that has happened. There will be very visible attacks on them at some point, that is without doubt. But there will just as many that we never hear a word of. Also without doubt. I just hope we get them all.
Old 09-13-2001, 07:06 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I totaly feel you, Conan.

If its a war they want, well by god, its a war thell get.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 07:53 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thing is, they had to know the repercussions of what they did. War must have been expected, as although devastating, their attack did not diminish the U.S.'s power to retaliate.

I agree, Conan, the more you see and think about what has happened, the more angry you get. I think of all those passengers on those planes, what they must have felt like going through all that terror, and in the end, going down and knowing they were going to die. Not to mention those in the Twin Towers, who were probably frantically trying to exit the building after the first plane crashed into it, but with so many floors, and so many people, evacuation was not quick enough. They experienced what I have experienced only through nightmares, and they were bad enough. Can't even imagine. And as for the Pentagon victims, they were just regular people like you and I going along their workday, probably thinking they were in one of the safest buildings in D.C. Now I'm watching on TV yet another building collapsing in New York because of structural damage from the WTC collapse. I truly hope that soon the U.S. will get solid evidence as who did this atrocity, so that we can round em up and take them off of this planet before they do even more hideous destruction!

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 08:03 PM   #5
The_ Fur_Cough
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Afghans are shitting themselves, too bloody right too. *If* Bin Laden is the culprit then the Afghans are up shit creek without a paddle and they know it. They will have to turn him over (hopefully to be tried in America) or face the full wrath of the USA and their allies........they will not be wanting that. I too hope that every one of those sad faced f**ks that played any part in this atrocity gets his come uppance big stylee.

------------------
Aaahh.... Fur Cough.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:04 PM   #6
Anubis
Dungeon Master

I wont be satisfied until all involved in this cowardly attack are 6 fett under.

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Old 09-13-2001, 08:19 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I seriously doubt that all the terriorists involved in the attack are pushing up daisies as we speak. It would be great if they were. If Afghanistan is holding Osama Bin Laden hopefully they have the intelligence to give him up. I don't want to see innocent people hurt, i've already said that. On the other hand, the country that provided for the terrorists obviously did not care about killing civilians. That was thier entire purpose. When the FBI and CIA, find out who's responsible there *will* be retaliation. Massive retaliation as all of NATO will be on them.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:54 PM   #8
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Thing is, they had to know the repercussions of what they did. War must have been expected, as although devastating, their attack did not diminish the U.S.'s power to retaliate.

I agree, Conan, the more you see and think about what has happened, the more angry you get. I think of all those passengers on those planes, what they must have felt like going through all that terror, and in the end, going down and knowing they were going to die. Not to mention those in the Twin Towers, who were probably frantically trying to exit the building after the first plane crashed into it, but with so many floors, and so many people, evacuation was not quick enough. They experienced what I have experienced only through nightmares, and they were bad enough. Can't even imagine. And as for the Pentagon victims, they were just regular people like you and I going along their workday, probably thinking they were in one of the safest buildings in D.C. Now I'm watching on TV yet another building collapsing in New York because of structural damage from the WTC collapse. I truly hope that soon the U.S. will get solid evidence as who did this atrocity, so that we can round em up and take them off of this planet before they do even more hideous destruction!

I believe they didn't care about the repercussions after all the ones that did this are dead. The ones that planned this well... why should they fear, what did we do the last couple of times? Lob some cruise missles at military targets, or aspirn factory. A Somolian two-bit warlord and his followers killed US service men and drug their bodies through the streets and we didn't do squat.
We are pissed, there's a new SHERIFF in town, and the gloves are coming off.
Americans are watching or will be watching the body bags fill of our fellow countrymen, innocent people, We will not be bothered by more body bags. I don't like to see it, but it will hit the fan. We will do what we have too do and it is going to be bloody, God help us all.
Things are changing here, no longer are we going to shurk our responsibilty to this great nation or to free peoples around the world.

I'm not ranting at you "Miss Ladyzekke Ma'am".

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-13-2001, 09:44 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I know you aren't ranting Mr. Harris!

I know, I truly, as I think most of us, just want the perpetrators themselves to pay for their crimes. For us to Bomb or attack an entire city only kills innocent people that had nothing to do with anything. Is a hard thing to figure out how to retaliate because of that. But I am merely a U.S. citizen sitting in my house in Virginia watching on the news all this. I have no power. My opinions have no power. What will happen will happen, all I can do is hope that justice will prevail, and something good comes out of all of this.

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 09:45 PM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

1...2...3...4...5...6 just counting the days

What is this thread about again? (forgot b/c I am also watching coverage of the attacks )

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!