Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 10:02 AM   #91
Vampire

Cruise Missiles don't distinguish the good and the bad. Let's hope they aim well.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:54 AM   #92
Redblueflare
Galvatron

If the U.S. really does bomb Afghanistan. Let's hope Afghanistan was responsible for the twin towers. I'm not thrilled with the idea of attacking innocent people. Killing civilians would make us no better than the terrorists.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 09-13-2001, 03:20 PM   #93
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
The general POPULACE is in terrible poverty, you can bet your bottom sheckle that the leaders are not impoverished and will feel quite a sting when their palaces and homes are destroyed....err assuming of course they are found guilty. Still the Tallibahn (sp) is guilty of many other crimes befer yesterdays debacle. They shelter and support a monster....and they now are anti-american...they were not so snotty when they were accepting aid from us to help them survive Soviet Invasion and Gas attacks....my how grateful they are for their existance.

Good lord, so it's quite ok to bomb an innocent and already suffering civilian population in the vague hope that a few leaders will get to go along with them? Well well well.......

I shall be very interested to hear how the US govt, or anyone else, is proposing to do this kind of selective bombing. There must be some new technology that I've not yet heard of. Perhaps a bomb that is magnetically attracted to sadistic, woman hating, fanatic murderers? Now, there's a notion.

And no, I DONT hold any ruth for the Taliban. They have committed more crimes against humanity than you can shake a stick at. Just one example, women in Afghanistan are not now allowed to hold jobs. As women can only be treated by women under Taliban law, a woman who falls seriously ill will almost certainly DIE, as she cannot be treated by a male doctor, and male doctors are all there is, nowadays.

As for the Taliban sheltering and supporting a monster, yes indeed they are. However, when it comes to supporting a monster, America isn't completely blameless on that front(as I've already pointed out in another thread). It was America that financed Osima bin Laden's extremist group in the first place, amongst others, to use against the Soviets in Afghanistan.

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 03:25 PM   #94
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

No matter how mad we might be, there is no way that the American people would tolerate the bombing of non military targets. I would imagine IF it is Afghanistan behind it all, then we would handle it similar to how Iraq was handled. Take out military installations and the leaders if possible.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB