Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2000, 12:24 AM   #1
Mustaine

Well...not that this matters to anyone, but I thought this might be a good place to say it.

I had recently been having problems with the game locking upon exit and traced the problem to my video card (as I noticed others here were having the same problem). Since I had a Voodoo 3 I decided it was time to upgrade, as the 3D was sor ot choppy anyway.

I went out this weekend and got a Voodoo 4 4500 AGP, and was excited bringing it home this weekend thinking that the spell animations would now be better, and there would be no more lag when there were multiple characters on the screen.

Well, as a plus the game does run faster. I no longer have skips, and I get an excellent framerate no matter what is going on on-screen. However...whenever I go to use 32Bit color...I lock cold. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, please press the reset button on your machine and cope with the problem.

ARGH!

Oh well...I guess it just goes to show that you can't have everything you want. Does anyone else have 32 Bit color problems with the Voodoo 4 4500?

Mustaine

Old 11-07-2000, 12:31 AM   #2
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

(ooc)
Isn't that a known defect with the driver versions you're using? In all the documentation on BGII they tell you that if you're using 3dfx you HAVE to force uncheck 32bit or you're going to be in trouble. I would have thought that they would have updated the drivers with your shiny new card, but apparently not. Are there any newer versions for you available on their website?

If you need a sense of happiness about buying the new card, try Quake III with your old versus new cards and I'm sure you'll be instantly feeling a lot happier about your purchase. All laying groudwork for NWN...