Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2000, 03:47 AM   #1
Drayen

Well, here i am, i finished the adalon's eggs quests by getting the Drowqueen and Phaedre killed by the deamon, then went back to the silver Dragon, gave him the real eggs and so on. But i saved before this and tried to give only the false eggs to the queen, the real ones to Phaedre. When the deamon appears, she controls him and he says to Phaedre we arent real drows, and the battle starts...But i havent been able to kill him, out of dozens of attempts, i dont even think i scratched him.. So, do you know a way to kick his arse? I'm not really used to D&D rules, so maybe i just dont adopt the right tactic...Here is my party (i didnt starts a single player game, but a multiplayer one, creating my own characters. Some are there since the start, other have been added later in the game, that explains some of the weird levels of the different characters)

- Level 15 monk
- Level 12 dual class fighter/cleric (level 12 fighter, level 11 cleric)
- Level 13 ranger
- Level 17 thief
- Level 15 kensay (sp?)
- Level 13 Mage-Conjurer

Any tactic would be appreciated, not that i really need to kill him, i just wanted to give it a try, and i REALLy dont like not beeing able to kill a monster in the game..

Old 11-05-2000, 09:10 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I don't know if you are supposed to kill him to tell you the truth, but give this strategy a try (i have to give Kangaxx the lich SOME credit for this

buy an imprisonment scroll from one of the drow merchants
cast protection from magic on yourself if you have a scroll or at the very least chaotic commands so the demon fear does not cause you to go running
cast imprisonment scroll on the demon

This should logically work but it's an untested theory i came up with just now. give it a go and let me know if it works, i love trying out new things
Old 11-05-2000, 09:16 AM   #3
BaatoRyan

hello?!?! geez! ADALON'S A WOMAN!!! cant you hear HER speak!!! my gosh!!! ok, ok... id say you try cheatin to see, JUST to see, the possibility of beating up the demon. that is the best way to test it because it can just be plain out that you're party's weak... no offense...

Old 11-06-2000, 12:18 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Dragonslayer, you didn't read the entire post:

When the deamon appears, she controls him and he says to Phaedre we arent real drows, and the battle starts...But i havent been able to kill him, out of dozens of attempts, i dont even think i scratched him..

That was the original subject and i was responding to that. BaatoRyan just had two topics in the one sentence and that confused things a bit. And i know imprisonment can really only be used once or twice without cheating because there's not that many places you can get scrolls for it. But the abovementioned demon might be an unkillable-type character so I was curious to see if Imprisonment worked and you get XP for it.
Old 11-06-2000, 08:52 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think it's an issue of the party being weak because I don't think that daemon's meant to be killed but then again i could be wrong. Be interesting to see if my imprisonment theory worked.
Old 11-06-2000, 10:58 AM   #6
dragonslayer
Manshoon

You get the Blood of a Dragon from her so she has to be meant to be killable, so to speak. I don't think the imprisonment spell is favorable in this case as you will not get the blood from her, nor would you get any other items from any creature so I personally don't like the Imprisonment spell. Well, that's just my opinion...