Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2000, 09:39 PM   #11
shahakran

lmao. I think I'll stick with Slayer and rain unholy wrath on the miserable mortals, smiting them with hail of sulphur and swarm of locusts and all that (cue mad evil cackle breaking into smoker's cough)!

Old 11-03-2000, 05:08 PM   #12
winglesfiend

In bg2 you must stop irenicus in order to save fearun because he kills everything!!!!!!!
So it is about saving the world

Old 11-04-2000, 08:12 AM   #13
Larr2

I hope you guys are kidding about becoming a God in the next BG...because it ain't happenin'.
If you have read the Avatar Trilogy, Prince of Lies, and the Shadow of The Avatar Trilogy, you would know that Bhaal is succeeded by Cyric. The game producers cannot break the rules and re-write Faerun history.

Old 11-04-2000, 04:36 PM   #14
Rikard

You dont kill iranicus to save everybody but because you just hate him right?

Old 11-05-2000, 05:07 AM   #15
Armisael

I don't know about you, but I did. I'm going to leave the evil god bit to Cyric. He's probably much better at it than me.

Old 11-05-2000, 09:37 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Who says that Cyric has to die? Maybe he loses the Murder portfolio the way he lost the Lord of the Dead one to Kelemvor. Or maybe BG3 would involve you ascending to Godhood, but two paths lie before you...the way they always have in your life...maybe you start receiving visits from god's heralds, Chosen of Mystra, Azuth, Manshoon, the Sage of Shadowdale...and you can deal with them as equals...

pauses for melodramatic mood music

It's definitely an idea worth considering.
Old 11-05-2000, 09:42 AM   #17
Armisael

Hmm, I wouldn't mind meeting Sune at all. Heh heh heh.

Old 11-05-2000, 09:46 AM   #18
BaatoRyan

there are lots of possibilities! BG1 was quite shocking... BG2 you know what you are and either way can be possible! saving the world... for me, yeah! but for evil... nope! first. if your evil, you go after irenicus, not imoen coz of you "hidden" talent right? and when you get to meet him, you get him again coz he "stole" something from you (you would get this if you're far) and want his rattly arse back! so it's pretty much in the middle which i can say now, makes it great unlike in BG1.

Old 11-05-2000, 05:19 PM   #19
lord evil

Why would Baal create childern if one of the was not meant to become a god. It would be a great waste of his time and power.

Old 11-06-2000, 01:28 PM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Maybe Bhaal's master plan is to use you as an Avatar to strike at Cyric. The God of Strife certainly wouldn't want that. And what would the other gods think? Would Shar find opportunity in manipulating you to do away with Cyric, and try to steal the portfolio for herself (maybe putting you in conflict with Viconia)? And wasn't Loviatar a supporter of Bhaal? And what about the good gods? Will they trade the devil they once knew for the devil they know is crazy? And what does this all do to the balance? And all these deities have VERY powerful minions...

Food for thought.