Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-01-2003, 03:21 AM   #1
brianbarou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Help needed. I wanted to buy the Shield of Balduran to protect against Beholders. I can't find it anywhere. In a thread I think I read that I can buy it from Dierdre in the Adventurers Mart, but that she only appears in the Collectors Edition. What is the Collectors Edition and how do I get it? Thanks.
brianbarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 03:30 AM   #2
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Go to Baldurdash and download the bonus merchants. Install it and enjoy!

[ 04-01-2003, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: pcgiant ]
Old 04-01-2003, 06:56 PM   #3
The Lilarcor
Elminster

You can also CLUA them.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:53 AM   #4
Vampire

Trust me: it ruins the game
Old 04-02-2003, 09:49 AM   #5
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

I couldn't find the bonus merchants at Baldurdash... Am I going blind, or have they removed it?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:55 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Click Here.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:20 AM   #7
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Thank you, Dundee
Old 04-03-2003, 05:07 PM   #8
dulouz
Manshoon

the cheese factor is high on the sheild of balduran. against gauths, their attack is "cause serious wounds" which is a necromancy spell. unless you are soloing, you should have a mage which can cast spell immunity->Necromancy and absorb some damage while taking out the gauths. As for beholders, death ward on a few characters and some summoned creatures(how cool are winter wolves?) is usually enough to make it through. i find gauths to be more of a nuisance than beholders when unprepared, especially when your characters are young.

maybe i'm remembering incorrectly about the sheild working against gauths as well. anyway, don't buy the sheild! strategize! uhg, i should buy BG1, but i'm still engrossed in BG2.

peace,
dulouz.
dulouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 06:01 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Summons are a decent delaying tactic against Gauths, but not against Beholders. Beholders have infinite castings of Death Spell, which is instant death for any Summoned creature, Death Warded or not, Magic Resistant or not.

Fret not, however, your Mage will save you!

1) You can have more than 1 Spell Immunity active at the same time, and Spell Shield grants immunity to Anti-Magic Rays

2) There's a Level 4 spell that's almost as useful as the Cloak/Shield of Cheese (in this situation), although if you're in Chapter 5, you'll need a Level 5 spell too.