Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-05-2001, 09:38 PM   #31
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
IdiotRogue! You really did that? Excellent! How quickly did security hustle you out?
Funny thing about those meetings, no security . I stood there for what seemed an hour (probably more like 20-30 secs), waiting for an answer then just walked out. When I got home, there was a message on my machine to be in my regional manager's office at 8:00am. I was there, he wasn't. Waited until 9:00am and left. Never heard another thing about it! I worked for that bank another 14 months before resigning.

Oddly though, I was never again asked to participate in any "strategic" meetings... LMAO

------------------
- for cut rate prices call 976-BRIS-FOR-LESS {Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 04-05-2001, 09:55 PM   #32
turbovee
Elminster

Glad to hear you're ok, Things like that make me glad I'm in the military. You can't get laid off.

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-05-2001, 10:13 PM   #33
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Glad to hear you're ok, Things like that make me glad I'm in the military. You can't get laid off.

I suppose that means our military has abandoned its "up or out" policy. I have friends who were career military. They always worried about having the right brownie points, regardless of how well they performed their duties. These were officers and (but only by an act of Congress) gentlemen. I think the enlisted and noncommissioned personnel had it easier at the time (1970s).

------------------
- for cut rate prices call 976-BRIS-FOR-LESS {Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 04-05-2001, 10:17 PM   #34
turbovee
Elminster

We still have things like high year tenure or "up or out" but most of the morons are out by their 1st tour. We keep the occasional moron for amusement.

------------------
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-05-2001, 10:30 PM   #35
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
We still have things like high year tenure or "up or out" but most of the morons are out by their 1st tour. We keep the occasional moron for amusement.

LOL

A Ranger buddy of mine used to swear that if you used Roget's Thesaurus to find a synonym for 'oxymoron,' the first option would be 'military intelligence.'

------------------
Old 04-05-2001, 10:39 PM   #36
turbovee
Elminster

My favorite example of military intelligence is "we have to keep our sailors busy so lets buy the cheapest shittiest paint we can, so they will have to repaint every few months"

------------------
Peace and hair grease