Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 11:21 AM   #11
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi jj.

I may well be wrong here but I don't think the file XPCAP.2DA is the XP cap remover. The file mentioned exists in my BG1, BG2 and IWD overrides folders.
The XP CAP removal patch is called BG2_XPCAP.exe and I believe is the file that you should be looking for. I have posted the link for you again - http://www.3ddownloads.com/?file_id=139818

Make sure that you direct this to your BGII folder (I think) open the overrides folder and then click extract to extract the patch info' to the folder. I'm sure you're just missing something simple here JJ like D/Ling the patch to the wrong place or something. Myself and Lord of Alcohol had just as much grief as yourself in trying to do thi so you're not alone.

Perhaps someone can post you a step by step guide to pointing and extracting the patch to the correct files and folders.

PS. Any additional XP points that you amass are still accumulated and attributed to your characters in the background even though you can't see them on screen. When the patch is installed correctly you will then have these points attatched to your characters score and you will level up accordingly.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-18-2001, 02:13 PM   #12
JJ/newbie

EUREKA! guess what, winzip is not the zip utility that actually installs the program patch. There is an additional utility hiding out on the winzip site, IT is the install./exe part of the unzip process. it is called wzipse22.exe, and when I found that one and downloaded it, ran it, selected the override folder and clicked on the cap file, viola' went back to game and checked, and there was an inordinate amount of experience pts. What a hair-tearing hassle -and I don't have enough left to spare-. Thank you for all your helpful comments here in the Adventurer's Cafe, mucho appreciado. off to commit some mayhem, ciao.

------------------
When given a choice, take both.