Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-27-2001, 12:57 AM   #31
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

she is strong if you use her well .

now go my friend and go in peace with the godness Aerie
----------------------------
( ProTector of Aerie : i await )
----------------------------

------------------

so sweat , you find them no sweater than this ...
no prettier than this ..

you can geus who it is

!!!!! AERIE !!!!!!
and am proud to be a Platinum Spell Jammer of ALSB

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 01:39 AM   #32
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by waverider:
she is strong if you use her well .

now go my friend and go in peace with the godness Aerie

Waverider, please stop putting that HUGE image in your sig, it is WAY over the limit size.

If you want to resize it to a BG2 portrait size, that's fine...

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-27-2001, 01:42 AM   #33
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

this has been covered many times in various "who should i take" posts...

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Actually, Aerie's only weakness is her low hitpoints, she can replace Anomen as Cleric and Edwin as mage, thereby freeing up space for another party member, and if you give her the Mace of Disruption, the Shield of Reflection and the Robe of the Good Archmagi, she's able to defend herself, I agree that her whining is irritating, but just play as a female character then you will be free of a lot of it since much of it is romance whining, her intelligence dosen't stop her advancement since it's not so fast that she will get any high level spells soon, and by the way, Aerie does NOT look like a ten-year old and who chooses their NPCs depending on how sexy they are anyway? If I wanted to do that I'd choose Viconia instead, definitely no Jaheira, those huge eyes freak me out a bit.

first, she can NOT replace either anomen or edwin simply because she is multiclassed. when ano or ed would be at 16th level and scaring liches and casting maze, she'd barely be scratching 12th level and still barely frightening wights.

i would never waste a great weapon like the mace of disruption on someone with no STR bonus, no specialization, and (again) really slow THAC0 advancement. if you counter by saying give her a strength belt, ill just sigh in resignation and give you a flower, hippy .

all the other stuff is cosmetic and unimportant, and youre right, she doesnt look like a 10 year old. she looks at least 12, maybe even 13 with the right robe.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:05 AM   #34
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

*sigh* If only there was a clan, then the HADB would not be alone in slaughtering Aeries worshippers

------------------
I pledge my allegience
To the flag of HADB
I will do my utmost
To be a loyal and all conquering person
I promise to tread
Over the broken ruins
Of my enemies homes
Slaughtering their armies
Enslaving their people
And all in all
Get stoned and have a jolly good time
"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:48 AM   #35
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm in Tuor, let's ravage the land and show those Aerie "lovers"

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 09-27-2001, 05:01 AM   #36
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To complain about Aerie's low hit points is not valid. There are ways to boost her life to the point where she will have more life than either Imoen, Edwin or Viconia.

Helm of Balduran.
Sensate Amulet.
Girdle of Fortitude.

Also, because of her multi-class nature, she can store Clerical spells as well in her Sequencers, Triggers, Contingencies. Mmmmm... 3 Flame Strikes in a Spell Trigger... *drool* ... ... Oh, that will be in ToB of course.

True, she will never attain the max in either class, but that is a small price to pay to more than double the amount of spells she can have in either class. As a background caster, she is extremely versatile and lethal.

Frankly, I find Jaheira whining to be irritating than Aerie's, but that is my opinion, maybe you have different tastes, so be it. To each his/her own.

Also, Aerie's 'whining' eventually stops if you go with the flow, Jaheira however... consistently prods you and questions your ability to control your Bhaal taint... ...

Romance spoiler
~
~
~
~
HELL! Jaheira is still in a state of denial when it is time for you to choose Godhood or Mortality... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 05:27 AM   #37
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Player Offender:

You bastard Aerie lovers, you say Jahiera and Nalia are her prophets! You BLASPHEME the name of them! Take that worthless classist hoe Nalia, but do not claim Jahiera! Jahiera is tough, rugged, witty, and loving when she wants to be!
Viconia is gorgeous! jahiera is gorgeous! They are both extrmeely usefull.
Hey, I am entirely with you Offender! Count me in whenever needed.
Keep Aerie away from Jaheira or you will see!
Old 09-27-2001, 05:31 AM   #38
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
To complain about Aerie's low hit points is not valid. There are ways to boost her life to the point where she will have more life than either Imoen, Edwin or Viconia.

Helm of Balduran.
Sensate Amulet.
Girdle of Constitution.

To keep bringing up how good Aerie could be with the right equipment is a pretty invalid point in this discussion as well. Heck, you could buff up nearly every character in the game to a point they completely rock...
And the girdle of constitution? Does it even exist?
Don't you mean the girdle of fortitude, which doesn't work all the time?
Old 09-27-2001, 07:35 AM   #39
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Doh!

*slaps forehead*

Yeah, it's the Girdle of Fortitude, my bad, sorry.

Oh, and discussing equipment is relevant, because come on... it's how the NPCs become powerful.

And you for that matter.

People who diss Aerie just because of her Hp are not playing her to her full potential. And besides, the girdle boosts CON to 18 for eight hours... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-27-2001, 08:07 AM   #40
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I just noticed that eveyone saying Aeries hit points suck but instead suggest taking Edwin, the mage. Is it just me or do mages hit points suck a lot more then Aerie?
and Anomen I find works well in melee but during the heat of batttle stopping to disout healing is just not practical, he get hit more often then he completes the spell and the person he tring to heal dies.

------------------

Hodge-podge Sliver Cleric of the ALSB
You don't need pants for the victory dance becuase I am better then Weasels!!
HADDOCK!!!!
Beware the Mod' Squad the bad hair is everywhere.
I knew a girl from a world, across the planner deep, and to her place, to see her face, across the void I creep, through time went by and long I tried, to satisfy my lust no matter where I touched, 'twas not enough to please my Succubs.