Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-24-2001, 09:53 AM   #1
Mindbender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My quest for being the most evil kensai that has ever walked the earth is continueing. When I got to the keep that had been taken over by trolls, the one where you can get the distastefully good female mage/smth can`t recall her name, I made the absolutely most clever decission of making the keep and all the goodies mine, but when I got to the lady of the keep I of course had to kill her, it was obvious! THEN !!*SPOILER*!! that little piss-ant Yoshimo starts gabbing at me! and then he leaves! Of course Jan left, and I killed him of course, but without Yoshimo I haven`t got a thief.. And WHO is Yoshimo to start teching me lessons about being good and honest, I know pretty darn well that he will betray me and that he is in league with Irenicus, so he is no better than I am, so why is he leaving.. I would just kill him if it wasn`t for the fact that I need a thief.. It ain`t easy being evil, but who will stop me?! "My demonic powers have made me..!!"
Yoshimo is one backstabbing son of a foul-smelling long-haired troll..
And don`t tell me that I should try to be nice.. hmpf.. I`m evil.. soo evil.. buahhaahaahaaaa!!
Old 09-24-2001, 10:07 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

That's the problem! You have to be at least teeeeny weeeny good for you to survive in BG2 sadly...

Anyways, I think Yoshi also has this liking for Nalia... so maybe it can conrtibute? BTW, it is mostly reputation based, so if you're rep crashes, better check...

------------------

You guys heard Chiharumut, whattabout Ba[H]eartamut???
Old 09-24-2001, 10:09 AM   #3
Kitty
Manshoon

Try donating money to a temple to bring reputation to a minimum acceptable level. But I don't know if NPCs can be found after they leave the group because of reputation.
Unfortunately, there aren't evil thieves in BG2 - the only options are Yoshimo, Jan, Imoen and Nalia.
If you can't find them even after gaining a reputation raise, I guess you're out of luck...unless you are human and have a dex above 17 to dual to a thief...
Old 09-24-2001, 10:22 AM   #4
Mindbender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I`m a human kensai, so I could dual to a thief but, that would make me the most evil thief/kensai in the world instead of the most evil kensai, and for a very long time I would be nothing but a very evil thief... no, no can do..

"That's the problem! You have to be at least teeeeny weeeny good for you to survive in BG2 sadly..."
That doesn`t sound all to good, do you mean that I actually can`t finnish the game or do you mean that I only can`t get the NPC that I would need.. or?

But there are people who have played trough the game with a single charakter, then I should be able to manage without a thief or?

I just wanted to be evil.. *sob*... just a weeny teeny tiny little bit evil..
Curse those who made it able to be evil in BG2, there is kind of a storyline for an evil charakter, but it seems like it wasn`t meant to be able to play an evil charakter.. damn.. damn.. damn..
Old 09-24-2001, 10:37 AM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitty:
..Unfortunately, there aren't evil thieves in BG2..
Ironic that most thieves are good. How can you justify stealing as being good? That is one minor disappointment I have for BG2. I mean, they made a whole guild of Good-aligned Thieves! Playing an Evil Thief is the ULTIMATE goal of anyone who enjoys playing Evil-aligned characters. Backstab whoever, steal from whoever, kill whoever..

Old 09-24-2001, 03:21 PM   #6
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

You can get by without a theif. Detect trap and knock spells will get you by. You just have toavoid the traps once you find them!
Old 09-24-2001, 04:18 PM   #7
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

Yoshimo is true neutral, Jan is Chaotic Neutral. Nalia and Imoen are chaotic good. I heard you can create evil thief Entreri with CLUAConsole and add him to the party with Ctrl-q. Both actions are possible with Debug mode on.
Old 09-24-2001, 05:25 PM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

Damn right it's hard. In the end, my Evil Party - led by the ever-present nemesis of my Paladin Tancred, the evil Assassin, Malvolio de Vere (the thief) - consisted of Viconia (the cleric) Edwin (the mage) and Korgan (the fighter) and that was it. We became REALLY evil and no-one left, and had good fun beating up on all these bozos who tried to arrest/kill us - but it was damn hard surviving, because there was only one of us who could ever do anything!

Here's a thought. What alignment does Anomen become if he fails his oh-so-noble Quest, Chaotic Evil or Chaotic Neutral? If you can get Anomen to join you he can be another swordarm/healer - and if you join up with the excellent NPC from Throne of Bhaal you'll have... quite a good party, really. IF Anomen goes evil, that is.
Old 09-25-2001, 04:12 AM   #9
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:

Here's a thought. What alignment does Anomen become if he fails his oh-so-noble Quest, Chaotic Evil or Chaotic Neutral? If you can get Anomen to join you he can be another swordarm/healer - and if you join up with the excellent NPC from Throne of Bhaal you'll have... quite a good party, really. IF Anomen goes evil, that is.
I think he will be chaotic neutral - but not sure.

Zbyszek
Old 09-25-2001, 08:20 AM   #10
Mindbender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aw, I already had an argument with Anomen, proclaiming that I was evil and wasn`t gonna change my mind either, so he left, but I think he would have left before I would have been able to complete his oh-so-noble Quest...

"You can get by without a theif. Detect trap and knock spells will get you by. You just have toavoid the traps once you find them!"
That`s a bit hard if the traps goes from one wall to another, cause no one in BG seems to have invented the ability to jump.. strange people..

"I heard you can create evil thief Entreri with CLUAConsole and add him to the party with Ctrl-q. Both actions are possible with Debug mode on."
Now that sounds interesting, could someone explain how to do this?

Nothing will stop me from beeing really really evil