Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-03-2001, 09:00 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The following contains Watcher's Keep spoilers and ToB special abilities.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
YES! YES! YES! YES!

I did it! I did it with a solo Cavalier! MuhWahHAHAHAHA!!!!

*collapses and curls up into a ball*

So... so... hard... ...

It was so surreal... just my Cavalier and a Deva, versus Improved Demogorgan and all his demons... I lost count of how many times I had to reload... this was how I finally defeated him... ...

*sits upright*

I used cheese, bravado and maniacal disregard for self-preservation. I fought on Core difficulty and against the Improved Demogorgan patch.

My winning weapon setup was the Purifier +4, and the Sentinel Shield, I could not use Carsomyr, the AC loss was too terrible and Demogorgan seemed to be immuned to Crom Faeyr... ...

Equipment wise, I had to wear the Ring of Free Action, Symbols of Stunning were flying through the air like popcorn or something, I died the first time round because I got stunned, so I replaced my Ring of Earth Control with the Ring of Free Action instead.

I casted Armour of Faith, summoned a Deva, Draw Upon Holy Might and Hardiness in that order respectively. I got the Deva to cast Globe of Blades as well and casted Protection from Evil on each other.

Buffed up, we rushed forward and Demogorgan appeared, immediately casted Time Stop and summoned demons left and right. I purposely sent the Deva forward so that Demogorgan would concentrate all his efforts on her, when the Time Stop ran out, I quickly casted Whirlwind and hacked as fast as I could on the demons.

The Deva died from Demogorgan just as most of the demons fell as well and it was down to my Cavalier versus Demogorgan and a Balor.

This was the frustrating part... I swear Demogorgan has infinite Stoneskins or something... I get one, two whacks in, he casts another Stoneskin... it was not long before I ran out of Whirlwinds... ...

It was futile to fight him one on one without Whirlwinds so I ran up the stairs, luring both Demogorgan and the Balor( whom I had allowed to hit on me for free...). Demogorgan then paused to cast Implosion and I managed to get out of his sight.

The Balor naturally chased after me and I managed to kill him with little difficulty.

Now comes the cheesy part... I rested... why yes! You can rest when there are no visible enemies, and the only way I could win now was to rest and regain back my Whirlwinds... ...

8 hours later... ... You would think Demogorgan would kill me while I am sleeping... ...

Fully recharged, I casted the usual buffing up spells and summoned another Deva. I knew Demogorgan was at the head of the stairs, so I went up the stairs with the intention of using Demogorgan himself as a blocker in case he summons any more demons. My Deva had Globe of Blades on and once again, served as a distraction, I blatantly ignored the Globe of Blades and Whirlwinded next to the Deva, it was do or die now.

As expected, Demogorgan summoned a Marilith, but he blocked her from attacking us like a charm. Each round Demogorgan casted another spell, was another round for me to Whirlwind him, I got him to injured... then badly injured... then near death... and finally... ...

Ahhhh... sweet, sweet victory... I made sushi out the Marilith after Demogorgan fell.

YEAH! Now I can say I soloed Improved Demogorgan!

Thanks for reading! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 11-03-2001, 09:03 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

You know, you should put this in the TOB forum for those who dont' know what your talking about, but since i do, Congratulations on a great victory. (SPOILER) i'm stuck on the maze part. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 09:07 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
You know, you should put this in the TOB forum for those who dont' know what your talking about, but since i do, Congratulations on a great victory. (SPOILER) i'm stuck on the maze part. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I posted it here because if I recall correctly, Jim, another boardie, wanted to see how I defeat Improved Demogorgan with a solo Cavalier, so I am posting here for his benefit.

I am so stinking happy!

Post your Maze problem on the ToB Forum, I will try my best to solve your problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 09:09 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Congratulations, Dundee. Well done! I'll move this to the ToB forum (even though I know you did it while playing through the SoA part, it really does belong in ToB as people who don't have ToB would not have Watchers Keep).

Jim can follow the link I'm posting below to this post in the ToB forum, and I'll keep this locked in this forum.

Good on you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Moved here.