Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 10:27 PM   #11
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Ooooh! You lucky, you!

I used to have a little friend (long ago) who could have grown up to be 7of9... Every time I see Jeri Ryan I think of my long lost friend Joanne... I didn't have a lot of friends when I was a kid so got very attached to the ones I did have *SIGH* Funny to think of little Joanne as middle-aged as I am! LOL!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-10-2001, 10:39 PM   #12
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Ooooh! You lucky, you!

I used to have a little friend (long ago) who could have grown up to be 7of9... Every time I see Jeri Ryan I think of my long lost friend Joanne... I didn't have a lot of friends when I was a kid so got very attached to the ones I did have *SIGH* Funny to think of little Joanne as middle-aged as I am! LOL!

Hmmm. Well, I did grow up near a minor celebrity. Brad Edwards from the Redskins (I don't really follow football, but that was the team I knew him on - I've heard that he's moved on). My step-father actually grew up next door to Shirley Temple though. When he was younger, they actually dated (and stuff). He was from California too. Hmmm. Why couldn't I have been that lucky. Oh yeah, I was an Army Brat and kept moving all the time. That's one of the bennies of getting to stay in one spot for longer than a month, huh? Ah well. I did meet James Doohan (Scotty) back in 91. I saw Walter Koenig too (he was at the same signing, but I didn't go inside. Just caught Scotty when he came outside for a break from the signing. I did get Lou Brock's signature the year after that too, but it was just a mall signing. He signed in gold ink too. I thought that was so cool. Oh yeah, I did meet Dave Justice once at an Atlanta Braves game too, but I don't count that as all we did was pass each other at the batter's box. We didn't talk to each other or anything. He's a lot taller than I thought he was. Ah well, always "just about there" but never there. Well, I hope to change that this year. They have stuff for sale at these things too, so I know I'm gonna enjoy that. I'm taking two weeks off from work so that I can have plenty of time to prepare.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-10-2001, 10:48 PM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Whelp, it's time for me to go. Was good seeing both of you online. I hardly ever am online at the same time as you LadyRae. I wish you both a great evening and hope to see you sometime soon. *HUGS* *KOTC* Take care Bilqis and LadyRae, may the forum angels watch over you both.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-10-2001, 10:56 PM   #14
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

You too, Tobbs! *HUGS* back. Um, guess I shouldn't ask you to give Deforest Kelly a smooch for me if you see him? Really had a thing for him when the original StarTrek was on (is that strange?) *GARSH* LOL!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-11-2001, 08:17 AM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I'm sorry to tell you, as I thought everyone knew, but Deforest Kelley passed away. If you would like to see one of the articles, I am posting the link here:

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9906/1...bit/index.html

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-11-2001, 08:19 AM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

your here!!!!!

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 04-11-2001, 08:22 AM   #17
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I do that from time to time Bahamut. LOL. So how are you? Haven't seen you in awhile. Life been treating you good, I hope.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-11-2001, 08:27 AM   #18
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

me too now! i do i do... life has been doing good... im happy but pissed coz she aint callin me when it tell her to! whats she doing?!?! grrr..

------------------

Old 04-11-2001, 08:36 AM   #19
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
me too now! i do i do... life has been doing good... im happy but pissed coz she aint callin me when it tell her to! whats she doing?!?! grrr..

Not sure what you got going on over there, but I would recommend patience my friend. If you are trying to push someone into liking you, many times all you really do is to push them away. Both of you are pretty young too. You need to accept that she may not have the same goals that you do. More than likely, she's not ready to settle down with someone (bf/gf thing meant here). A lot of times, women really don't know what they want until they get much older (men too, but just trying to re-inforce the patience thing). If both of you are meant to be, it will happen. Just try to enjoy what time that you do share with her, and she will start to feel more relaxed with you. In other words, be her friend over everything else. She will gain a great deal more respect from you then.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-11-2001, 08:41 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

nah.. im loose, im happy... i just get pissed when people at least dont reply when i text!!!!!

------------------