Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 04:22 PM   #1
Elowin
Welcomed New User

Hi,

.....I'm just starting W&W and I would like to learn now if there is any critical information I need to apply or be aware of in order to get maximum enjoyment? I plan to play a 'good' party and engage in all quests that the party comes upon. I'm not aware of any patches needed nor any cheats except the rather strange things one can do with starting gold. I'm hoping of course to avoid all no-win situations and will be saving my game frequently. Anything else I should know of? Thank you.
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 04:44 PM   #2
Elowin
Welcomed New User

.....I'm sorry to post again but I can't figure out how to read replies inside a thread on this forum. I must be missing something totally simple to do. Help! Thanks.
Old 12-06-2000, 04:54 PM   #3
Elowin
Welcomed New User

The problem I was having reading the thread was that the first reply I posted to my original message did not post as it should have. Has anyone else experienced this here or is it likely I just managed not to push the "reply to this topic" button after I "previewed" it? Thanks.
Old 12-06-2000, 05:15 PM   #4
Elowin
Welcomed New User

.....Here is the missing additional questions I had concerning W&W. It was a forum engine hiccup apparently as I received an email confirmation that the reply was posted--even though it wasn't:

.....I need to add something. I lean toward using magic to a minimum and prefer hacking and slashing to get through a battle as soon as possible. I am far more interested in the "adventure" then seeing how much time I can spend in strategy getting through some very difficult situation. That is one reason why I play all the quests I can find--to give the party an opportunity to build up experience. Does any of this that I say hear mean I am going to have a tough time with W&W in the future--for instance--is strategy and using magic heavily very important?

.....Thank you.
Old 12-06-2000, 06:09 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

Since you don't want to use a lot of magic I would suggest:

1) Plan your role ascensions carefully . . . I added a character to my party after realising I had started with totally pathetic stats (strength, etc) when I didn't have to. So I created a MU and took her up to Bard immediately. This halted the growth of her stone and fire spells as bard supports only one magic (moon, I think). So plan your ascension. When my bard went to Samurai I could no longer USE lock picks. Little things like that. So plan carefully. Also, you usually get a hit point, stat point, ability point and choice of spell raise with each level. However, If you are a level 10 warrior who ascends to Paladin . . . You start as a LEVEL 1 paladin and only see minimal hit point (one I think), no stat point, minimal ability point and a choice of spells. However, you usually rise up levels quickly.

2) My magic growth has been slower then others on the board . . . I would focus on raising a particular with a particular character. The ones I depend on most are FIRE and SPIRIT. Fire seems to be the universal eliminator. VINE at level four has Cure Poison, something I played the Serpent Temple without for 75% of the journey . . . what a pain! I have just learned (okay so I don't read as much of the manual as I should) of a that MOON magic has some transportation type spells. If you plan on magicking items you are going to need the "artifact of" that come at the higher level in your spell book as well as the skill and trait to do so. If all you desire set your weapons on fire exceRE:Just Starting W&W--Need To Know?
Old 12-08-2000, 01:33 AM   #6
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Read the first part of the faq that is on another part of the board .. just the beginning, not the walkthrough. What's different about this game is that NPCs tell you you all the hard puzzles and what to do next, so talk to them before killing, and developing strength is much more involved ... learn the guild structure and methods of improvement as quick as you can.

If you want serious hacking, you should set the difficulty level to hard.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote