Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-06-2001, 05:04 AM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ok, probably missed the spelling by far.
So what is this about then? Well since i have been rather actively playing and reading DoD 3:ed stuff lately i was wondering if anyone here that plays it would like to send in houserules, new creatures, feats, classes and such. Ask about how others interpretate rules, info about products and such. There is no good page about this as fas as i kno so this is a testing, to so if there is interest enough.
personally I´m currently working on making the class Halfdrow to be a playable class, which i will post here soon.
So all you dice-rattlers put there, tell me what you think about this OK??

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-06-2001, 05:25 AM   #2
WOLFGIR

OK, here is a try at a new class, the half-drow. Please add comments if you wish.

HALF DROW
Half Drows are the children of Drowelves and humans, though they are rare, Drow and human, mostly mercanaries, have found lust or even romances that has brought the Halfdrow to this world. HalfDrows are in a bigger threat than the usual half-elves since their parents have a dark legaxy to bestow them at birth. Male half-drows with born at the underdark with the Drow as caretakers are usually sacrificed at birth to Llolth. Thoose that don´t get sacrificed still have aharsher life than other Drow males. The only option for them is to serve as a fighter in a clanhouse never rising above fodder-leader. Some find their way to be mercinaries and are renounced for their ferocious battle hardness and sometimes cold ways. Thoose that find their way to the surface world usually ends up as fighters mercanaries or rouges. Their heritage mark them as evil even if this is not the truth.
The half-drows growing up with human parents are oftenly also considered outcasts and have a hard time growing up due to their dark heritage. Some take up the profession as a fighter or rouge. Some take to wandering the world to find a refuge from all the hatred that oftenly meets them.
Female drows are sometimes kept in the underdark since females have a higher standing and their human side gives them more strength and also more flecibility than most others. These are usually trained as clerics to Lolth or as fighters. Females have best chance to be able to blend in in the Drow culture, though they are also aware of their human ancestry. Those that grow up with their human parent follow the male example above.

Hlf-Drows are dark blue in skincolor with eyes reflecting both their drow and human ancestry. haircolor is white or some light reflection of the parents color, in unusual straits they have black hair. They are somewhat stronger than the ordinary drow . From birth they have the same darkvision as their parents and the same magic if they stay in the underdark, these abilities disappear if they wander from the underdark up to the surface and stays there for more than a year. To get it back they have to live in the underdark for one year.

Str: -1
Con: -
Dex:+1
Int: -
Wis:-
Cha:+1
Multiclass, have the same advantages as humans and Halfelves.
Darkvision 60 feet. (can be 120 don´t remeber..)
Due to their drow heritage they get ambidextroius as a feat for free if they take up fighter profession (1 level in fighter class)
Listen and spot checks are made with a racial benefit of +1
They are also immune to magic with sleep effect and a plus +2 resitance against charm person checks. (More or less the same as standard half-elves)

Half-drows tend towards neutral and chaotic alignments but they´re known to excist in any.

------------------

[This message has been edited by WOLFGIR (edited 04-06-2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 06:01 AM   #3
Sir_Tainly

Like the idea Wolfie, often wondered if such a race could exist. Well since humans are kept as slaves, is possible. However I got the impression from the underdark, that humans and drow couldn't mate, Isn't that why you cant sleep with the drow priestess? (I never actually got into this part of the game as my PC was female). I'm not sure they would lose their abilities purely by living overground though, Dwarves and Elves who have limited infravision don't?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-06-2001, 06:15 AM   #4
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Like the idea Wolfie, often wondered if such a race could exist. Well since humans are kept as slaves, is possible. However I got the impression from the underdark, that humans and drow couldn't mate, Isn't that why you cant sleep with the drow priestess? (I never actually got into this part of the game as my PC was female). I'm not sure they would lose their abilities purely by living overground though, Dwarves and Elves who have limited infravision don't?

Well from Salvatores view, Drows are badass people thinking themselves superior to everyone else, though they helped out in Icewind dale so well this hvae to be optional.
The Darkvision would not go away, though they would have the disadvantage of mking a will save DC 20 against flashing light and if failed receive a -1 penalty for 10 minus con bomus rounds.

Hmm, well in Icewiind dale and BG2 you have females as lovers optional so i guiess most things are possible. in BG2 i have never got that far to make the fierce drowwoman pregnant but in the texts and talks nice playful nights were suggested to have happened, none of the others either but well, if there are halfelves.. why not halfdrow, thats my opionion at least..

------------------

Old 04-06-2001, 06:20 AM   #5
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well from Salvatores view, Drows are badass people thinking themselves superior to everyone else, though they helped out in Icewind dale so well this hvae to be optional.
The Darkvision would not go away, though they would have the disadvantage of mking a will save DC 20 against flashing light and if failed receive a -1 penalty for 10 minus con bomus rounds.

Hmm, well in Icewiind dale and BG2 you have females as lovers optional so i guiess most things are possible. in BG2 i have never got that far to make the fierce drowwoman pregnant but in the texts and talks nice playful nights were suggested to have happened, none of the others either but well, if there are halfelves.. why not halfdrow, thats my opionion at least..
Why not get it written up when NWN comes out and give it a try?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-06-2001, 06:24 AM   #6
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Why not get it written up when NWN comes out and give it a try?

Well thats a good idea, I will try some out against my mates today, we are to play this evening so I´ll see what they like it. probably they want since I have just bought sword and fist, a cool source book which gives clues and ideas about how to fight with advantage. the last three fights have been a walk in the park for them and I fear they have became to coocky being 9:th level already and packing good armour and good weapons..

hehe, are they in for a suprise!!

------------------

Old 04-06-2001, 06:26 AM   #7
Sir_Tainly

Well when in doubt get the party to fight mirror images of themselves, always a tough one, or put the part in a moral dilemma, that way no matter how powerful they are, they will need intelligence and not brawn to get out of the situation.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-06-2001, 07:21 AM   #8
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Well when in doubt get the party to fight mirror images of themselves, always a tough one, or put the part in a moral dilemma, that way no matter how powerful they are, they will need intelligence and not brawn to get out of the situation.

Yep, i usually like to throw in unlikely allies hehehe.. that gets thing to heat up!
Old 04-06-2001, 08:09 AM   #9
Erekose
The Magister

Wolfgir make them a half-elf with dark vision. They would also cop the -2 dex in direct sunlight. Having the benefits of human and half elf is way too much and giving them a +1 charisma is doubtful given that they are despised by both drow and elves. Cheers

------------------
"You all wished me to arouse the blade and use it. Now, I think, we begin to understand the consequences. The Black Sword must be fed. It will feed on friends if it cannot feed on enemies......"
Old 04-06-2001, 08:24 AM   #10
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Erekose:
Wolfgir make them a half-elf with dark vision. They would also cop the -2 dex in direct sunlight. Having the benefits of human and half elf is way too much and giving them a +1 charisma is doubtful given that they are despised by both drow and elves. Cheers

Well I considered this but since Strength is such an important figure in DoD and that they are enagmatic to people and often considered beatiful, char seemed appropriate. i figured that giving them an minus on the reacting table though could set the scores right.
Which of the human/halfelf traits are you refering to? The -2 in direct sunlight would make them useless in a standard company and would only give them minus due to one part of the heritage, perhaps giving them the standar darkvision 30 feet instead could balance this to no minus in direct sunlight. Or, one could choose, an underdark mainly character would suffer these penalties, but then they would gain the magic resistance and the spellike abilities fro the drow.

Tough one to balance this, but since elves and drows do differ in the Monsterguide, one had to give it a try.

------------------