Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-27-2003, 06:43 AM   #1
Mr. JC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep, I'v finally managed to do it!

Ever since i'v got wizards and worriors, i'v been playin it for hours each day, yet at the same time attempting to use this hex editor of mine to "increase" my gold pile. At first the attempts were useless as your standard alt-esc, ctrl-esc keys don't work, and can't switch into explorer. until one time i accidently held down the shift key to run(or i thought i was holding down the key where in fact i was tapping the key quickly), 5 taps and i was able to switch into explorer(although the in game graphics seem a little stuffed up), and try my editor, wahlah! now i have a billion at my disposal, its like winning lottery in the realms of Gael Serran, i bought this and that, and those... etc. no longer do i have to create and delete characters to get that mere 200 gold!
Old 01-27-2003, 07:34 AM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

If it's done correctly... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] ...you can create millions...using only 1 extra character....and you can leave him/her at the inn.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:38 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

If you haven't installed the patch then you can generate money in the inn. Dozens of millions in a minute. See the Best Tips thread. If you have the patch installed then you can gain the same amount of gold by the Fletchery trait. Well, not in a minute but within a reasonable interval of time. See the Best Tips thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2003, 08:37 AM   #4
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

C'mon guys don't cheat, I prefer to play as it's meant to be played!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:05 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And there's always arbitrage... starting at the warriors guild in Valeia. You can quickly amass a fortune through the buying and selling of enchanted arrows.

Is it cheating? I don't really think so. Is it exploiting something found in the game? Definitely.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

... or, for example, the Ring of Mariin. Or a lot of other stuff - if you have the Merchant trait. (The Ring of Mariin does not need the trait).
Old 01-28-2003, 04:16 AM   #7
Olli Kalma

Bungleau, again this confersation! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't like cheating, but arbitrage...
Merchant trait and Fletchery skill...
Buy some expencive arrow, enchant it, and make copy of those arrows by fletchery skill and sell those by person who knows Merchant trait.

That's not cheating... Or is it?
I don't want to use Arbitrage, if you think it's not cheating, it's too easy money [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well.... Not saying a word for now!
Old 01-28-2003, 12:08 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, I know, Olli...

Using Fletchery to make money is built into the game. There should be no problem with it -- it's definitely not cheating.

Using arbitrage to make money is something that probably should have been caught in testing, and should have been coded out. If anyone ever makes another patch, I'd say it should be cleaned up. But I don't see where it's a real cheat... not like swapping the assassin's dagger around and so on.

More like a half-cheat. Don't use it if you don't want to.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 04:59 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

I don't think we can call these tricks cheating. Here are my definitions of cheating and cheezy play:

Cheating: Using any kind of unauthorized third party programs to manipulate game files or interfere with game run.

Cheezy play: Taking advantage from an obvious game bug or misunderstanding.

Therefore, all game editors, viewers, hex editors and so on are cheating. Generating money in the inn is not cheating but it is a piece of cheddar. It is highly unlikely that duplicating the Dragon Arrow is cheezy: to call it cheezy we would need some proof that the Fletchery skill was not intended to duplicate this arrow (it's a quest item). Duplicating the Magic Arrow +1 or a similar expensive arrow is not cheezy at all. Arbitrating is cheezy because we can be sure that it is based on an overlooking in the game: the sold items should never be more expensive than the bought ones. And so on
Old 01-29-2003, 07:25 AM   #10
Olli Kalma

I must say that I agree with you Bungleau and Radek.
Like you B. said: Don't use it if you don't want to.

I stop intercepting your conversations...