Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
Raistlin Majere
Ra

It's a great guide though...helped me loads when I started WoW ages ago [img]smile.gif[/img]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
carv3r
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Massive compilation on everything WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycerine_74 View Post
Have you ever even played a Priest? With comments like "Worst solo class in the game", I think it's pretty obvious that you haven't. I have a 60 Undead Priest on Bloodscalp and, barring instances, I solo'd the whole way there. If you spec Shadow, you can really do some serious damage in PvP or PvE. Most alliance would turn and run without even trying to fight, unless they outnumbered me 2 or 3 to one. After you hit 60, you spec over to Holy or Disc and become a vital part of end-game instance groups. I'm always getting invites for Blackrock Spire, Scholomance, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths, Stratholme, etc. Lately I can't even be on during big guild raids without someone asking me if I want to do Molten Core or Zul Gurub. The Priest is a very versatile class and by far the best in the game, IMHO.

I would strongly recommend you read a guide written by someone who's played the class they are writing about, instead of what looks like a straight copy of the text out of the game manual. Don't get me wrong; there is some good information here. I just feel that there is definitely room for improvement.

Glycerine
I've played a priest since beta and its definately the most nerfed classes, and is broken. Holy priests are out-healed, Shadow priests had their day but priests are worthless now days. I got sick of raiding, and the continual shadow priest nerfs made me give up; I quit the game a few weeks ago because of it. Roll warlock for dmg, roll druid for healing.
carv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hmm yes I must admit, this guide is ages upon ages old. Granted I wrote this thing back when the game was first released and I really hadn't sufficiently played every single class, I just wanted to give people a basic outline of what the class was like.

If anyone wants to update this, just send me a PM and I'll replace it and credit whoever sends me information.

Seeing as I stopped playing the game, and I feel that this is in need of much editing to be a usable guide, I'm all for de-stickying this. That is unless anyone want to contribute.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #14
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's better than nothing. It's still helpful information to new players.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #15
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

/Agree
Old 02-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Seeing as I'm starting to learn about the game, I might put my 2c in. If people want to make edits then feel free to post on this thread.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote