Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 10:08 PM   #21
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well here it goes last post.

And no I do not care in the least little bit. I only write posts to get a better ranking. j/k
Old 09-16-2004, 10:34 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I never have understood the posting for rank or post count thing. I mean do people really think they will be treated special because they have more numbers? Most people tend to befriend people they get along with, no matter the post count. People who spam in heartfelt threads, who don't care really about the person, or the topic, but just posting some stupid little something to add to their post count, I don't much want to associate with. To me they are like my email spam. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think most of us here have made a thread that didn't get a lot of replies. You win some you lose some. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is nothing personal I'm sure. All of us are in different moods each day, sometimes we want to post a lot, sometimes we just want to lurk and read. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-16-2004, 11:43 PM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I had a phase (somewhere in the middle of Emerald Dragon Hell) where I tried to find any thread to add something to. Thank goodness Reeka was doing all the birthday threads back then

I do enjoy a new avatar every so often, but I also know that ones I enjoy will soon disappear. So... it's living in the moment, I guess.

If there's one thing I enjoy doing in posting, it's posting a new thread that gets a lot of attention. One where others feel like they want to contribute and add something in. When that happens, it's a winner [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:39 AM   #24
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

No. But I don't worry about much in general.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:43 AM   #25
theGrimm
Manshoon

Maybe it's time zones, Jaradu...maybe when you post, everyone else is finally going to bed. I know it happens to me...
Old 09-17-2004, 03:33 AM   #26
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

The worst time being last to post in a thread is when your actually asking a QUESTION that you really want an answer to, but the thread is soo long already that you feel guilty [img]graemlins/Bump.gif[/img] it for an answer
Old 09-17-2004, 04:12 AM   #27
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Yep, it's all you, Jaradu. We were just planning how to better ostracize you next time. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You spoilt it, you shouldn't have replied
Old 09-17-2004, 07:25 AM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

Great posts, Aelia and Wendy. I agree 100%.
When I saw this thread was on its second page of responses, I clicked on it because I was interested to find out people's replies. Then I saw that the first half of it was mostly spam and crap, and got disappointed. Then I saw your replies stating what I say above but in a much nicer and more ladylike fashion and all was well again.

Now, as for the topic at hand... I don't care at all if no one replies after me. If I were that sensitive I wouldn't last a second out in the world. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And like Hiero, I don't worry about such trivial things. But as Aelia says, it *is* sort of annoying when you think you've said something terribly funny or to the point and no one seems to pick up on it.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:27 AM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Yep, it's all you, Jaradu. We were just planning how to better ostracize you next time. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You spoilt it, you shouldn't have replied [/QUOTE]I agree it would have been awesome if no one had replied to this thread, it would be like a huge in-joke... but it's really way too much to expect of the trigger-happy compulsive thread-repliers around here... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 07:33 AM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

I wonder who'll get the last post on this thread!! I hope it'll be me, me meeeee ME!! Cos like I said, i don't mind. I don't give a shit if no one likes me. Nuh-uh. I'm not silly enough to go all teary-eyed if no one wants to play with me.... not me...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]