Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-01-2007, 06:29 AM   #1
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Alright so I recently made an Alt undead priest its only lvl 11 but i noticed its really slow lvling even at low lvls so if anyones ever lvled a priest before can you tell me does it pick up at around lvl 20 or does it stay slow i know its gonna be mad easy to get in groups for instances but I think i'm gonna spec shadow to see if that makes lvling faster if anyone has some helpful suggestions plz feel free to leave them for me....
Old 07-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Buy a good wand and throw 5 points into wand spec. You'll level up pretty fast until mid level. Expect to respect out of it once you are in the mid level range.

Shadow spec is an awesome DPS spec. You can kill things pretty fast. It's a good farming spec too and you can tag a monster as fast as a hunter. Spec in it if you want to. Though you'll need to buy lots of water.

Oh, since you are a priest eventhough you are shadow spec, people might still want you to heal. So collect both healing gear and also dps gear.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I have a 33 Holy Dwarf, and a 25 Shadow Troll. Haven't tried Disc.

If you're gonna go Holy, get a partner and pair up when questing, and also do instances wherever possible: Which is good because being Holy is better for instances anyway.

I found Shadow much better for soloing, but much harder in instances, where mana drops quicker.

Initally get a good wand (or take enchanting and make one) pop on sheild, hit them with shadowpain and use the wand. Fear when you need, but be careful of aggroing others.

If you go shadow, you get 'mindflay' which is a great and fast way to beat foes.

I like them both. Lots of fun. Priest rocks, and has some fun skills later, like MIND CONTROL!

Cya later - and don't get addicted! lol

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Cya later - and don't get addicted! lol
To late ha ha and thanks for advice
Old 07-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Spec shadow. You can still heal for instances and grinding won't make you want to kill puppies.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

may as well go lock if your after shadow. Maybe its me but i dont find locks very interesting, but priests are. Mind control is fun after all!

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Nah, he's playing a priest and wants to be a priest. My point is that you spec shadow to level and then spec holy at higher levels if healing's your thing. That's what makes the Priest so fun, they're the best healer in the game, but can spec into shadow and top out on damage charts -- they're aggro fiends when they do, of course, but we all have issues.

One of the things that is limiting about Locks is that while all their spec trees are good, they all do the same thing: kill shit and provide utility. In the right circumstances they are very fun -- I love it when I have to cc as many as 3 mobs and still provide main DPS in a heroic dungeon. Seduce/banish/fear combos ftw.

But my druid plays like a rogue while levelling and usually main heals in instances. (I'm not so good at bare tanking yet.) A warrior can DPS or tank, etc. Classes that can totally change their role and their gameplay are very fun.