Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-20-2002, 08:52 AM   #21
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Naturally, I believe we do have a soul. This is based on my Christian faith and my understanding of the Bible.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:23 AM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
a soul? ok, here`s what you do: pick up a sharp knife or a scalpel. choose a voluenteer(your family member or somebody who you hate will do). thrust the knife through his chest till it gets through the bones. ighore the blood, guts and whatever you may find inside the voluenteer. then knock on his stomach and ask: "helloo! anybody there?". if the rude soul does not answer, put your head inside his stomach and look out for the soul(it is possible that he may be a really nasty bitch). if you see the soul, try to get along with him(buy him a lunch or something) and make sure he makes a great bud!
and remember: DONT ASK IF SOULS EXIST! if you ask that, he will think he`s insulted because you doubt if he exists. it happened to me once.. oh, ralph! *sob* why did you have to go away!?

and that concludes my story. spirits are pretty good at rapping .
ok, if you really think souls exist.. im not gonna say that youre wrong exactly but remember that youre very, very, very, very wrong [img]tongue.gif[/img]
i think i might give that a try on my employer. lol
Old 05-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #23
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Aviendha, Consciousness- what makes people aware of themselves first?

In the 17th century Descardes explained that consciousness was like an "observer" in the head, a higher function, seperate from the workings of the physical brain.

Neuroscientists have traditionally treated the question of consciousness like an unwelcome geust- irrevelant to understanding the brain. All the work that one imagine being done by bits of the brain. Those brain tissues are not concious and do not know who you are- but their activity adds up to a " conscious you. We think the intentions cause the actions, and we get the feeling we have willed what we do.

The hard problem is hard because no explanation of brain processes will explain subjective experiences-

Why does the law of gravity hold?
Why would the brain ascribe intension to only some of its actions?

I truly believe that we do have our own unique energy myself but I can't prove it....just my opinion..
Old 05-20-2002, 09:55 AM   #24
MagiK

I say yes, but I also say, if humans do not, then nothig does.

Old 05-20-2002, 10:10 AM   #25
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Aviendha, Consciousness- what makes people aware of themselves first?

In the 17th century Descardes explained that consciousness was like an "observer" in the head, a higher function, seperate from the workings of the physical brain.

Neuroscientists have traditionally treated the question of consciousness like an unwelcome geust- irrevelant to understanding the brain. All the work that one imagine being done by bits of the brain. Those brain tissues are not concious and do not know who you are- but their activity adds up to a " conscious you. We think the intentions cause the actions, and we get the feeling we have willed what we do.

The hard problem is hard because no explanation of brain processes will explain subjective experiences-

Why does the law of gravity hold?
Why would the brain ascribe intension to only some of its actions?

I truly believe that we do have our own unique energy myself but I can't prove it....just my opinion..
1.what makes ppl aware of themselves first?
umm, i think their brains [img]tongue.gif[/img]
2.Why does the law of gravity hold?
because my mom says so . ok, maybe because it just wants to [img]tongue.gif[/img]
3.Why would the brain ascribe intension to only some of its actions?
eh? what does THAT mean?
Old 05-20-2002, 10:38 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

I think you will find that Arsenal have Sol!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-20-2002, 10:42 AM   #27
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
oh no, not that again !
Old 05-20-2002, 10:48 AM   #28
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Quote:
eh? what does THAT mean?
An example; during hypnosis, for instance, peoples bodies act appearently without their will. Yet movements are produced by the brains, thus suggesting that conscious intension doesn't always procede action.

Your reading this post for instance- until you focused on it most readers would not be conscious they were stringing together the words, applying the laws of grammer and extracting meaning.

This is the best I can do for you uss. Hope this helps you. And listen to your mother [img]smile.gif[/img]

Donut, wouldn't that be called spirit? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 10:52 AM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
oh no, not that again ![/QUOTE]Oh yes - I hate to disappoint. And next year we'll have Joe Cole & Michael Carrack!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-20-2002, 10:57 AM   #30
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
quote:
eh? what does THAT mean?
An example; during hypnosis, for instance, peoples bodies act appearently without their will. Yet movements are produced by the brains, thus suggesting that conscious intension doesn't always procede action.

Your reading this post for instance- until you focused on it most readers would not be conscious they were stringing together the words, applying the laws of grammer and extracting meaning.

This is the best I can do for you uss. Hope this helps you. And listen to your mother [img]smile.gif[/img]

Donut, wouldn't that be called spirit? [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]ok, thanks, conan!
anyway..
because the brain is sto-sto-stoopid! well, *I* have a cool and awesome brain and it doesnt do that [img]tongue.gif[/img]