Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 03:37 AM   #1
The Pirate Queen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know what the policy is here on itroductory posts... I've been in communities that are all "OMG, you MUST make an intro post or we will SHUN yoo," but then again I've been in other that are like "DON'T you DARE make an intro post, no one cares about yoo," but I dunno, I feel better inroducing myself and YAYS for run on sentances. XD

At any rate, I am The Pirate Queen, I'm a 19 year old film student from Austin, Texas, and I am a card carrying dork. Need proof? I go to Rennisance festivals in costume. Case closed. I enjoy writing, drawing, reading, knitting, listening to good music (I'm a rocker chick btw, none of that sissy pop stuff), making movies, and of course, gaming. I'm currently playing both Oblivion and KotoR 2, though I have to admit, Oblivion has kinda eaten my brain *lol*. I love both SciFi and Fantasy, I have a rather unhealthy obsession with pirates, and I have a rather bizzare sense of humor.

I also can't spell. I'm sorry.

Sooo... yes. That is me. Who are you?

[ 06-29-2006, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: The Pirate Queen ]
Old 06-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW [img]smile.gif[/img]
Something tells me you will fit in fine, what sort of rock are we talking? Not the crappy Linkin Park 'rock' I hope [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Who deosn't love pirates? The question is do you prefer pirates over ninjas? Yarr.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:12 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hi Pirate Queen!

I'm Hivetyrant, and in my time here, I'm pretty sure that intro threads generally are the best way to get known, and often provide great entertainment [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, a little about me:

I'm 19, work at a mine (in IT), used to spend more time playing games than I did sleeping, but I have recently decided to make some changes and now go to the gym and what not.
I am also a member of the Emergency response team at the mine and attend all the big stuff ups

I have a pretty unique sense of humor, but I can find anything funny, and nothing offends me!

I also like all sorts of music (everything but pop and country)

So yeah, enough about me for now, and.....

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Welcome to Ironworks!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:27 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hello, and welcome. I will protest the dork qualifier, however, as a bonafide bard, that attends Ren Faires in costume, and performs...no comments from the peanut gallery either...
Welcome to IW, may you enjoy your stay.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:29 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Welcome to Ironworks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-29-2006, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Greetings and salutations from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

I've been on the board for a while now, and I don't believe I ever did an official "getting to know you" post. Then again, I just immersed myself in the gaming sections of the forums here and rarely stuck my head out of them. In any case, I would like to welcome you to the forums here and hope to see more of you. As for an unhealthy fascination with pirates, none of that could be attributed to Errol Flynn, Johnny Deep, and a little known movie called "The Pirates Of Penzance," now could it? *grins*

Glad to see someone else from Texas here, though. I have been to your state once and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I actually "fit right in" inside of Dallas, Texas. Being 6'3", I was a little closer to average height inside of Dallas and Fort Worth when I wasn't dealing with other tourists like myself. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

Take care!

Oh, and to answer the eternal question: ninjas take the pirates in five games. *winks* Everyone knows that in the end, the pirates would bring in a ringer (a werewolf, naturally) and the ninjas would respond in kind (with a vampire). Finally two dragons would watch this all, get annoyed, and use spambots to wipe out both sides.

[ 06-29-2006, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:24 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

WELCOME TO THE IRONWORKS FORUMS!

Nice to meet you Pirate Queen! Psst, if you have to take anyone to walk the plank, I think Hive is available... *wanders off whistling*
Old 06-29-2006, 08:32 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Good day to you, Pirate Queen! Your bio sounds like you would be a valuable asset to us in the Role-playing Forum, since you mentioned liking to write and interested in fantasy/sci fi.

Take a look over there when you have the chance.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:49 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Welcome aboard Pirate Queen
*when is talk like a pirate day BTW?*

I come from a land down under. I'm an aeronautical engineer but my passion is killing the undead, drinking beer, riding motorcycles, music, drinking beer, being cynical, and a dad / husband to a wonderful family, did I mention the beer? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

So you are a film student, how does that work? Are you studying to gain a profession in films or just following a passion for movies?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:53 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
There are no rules here, but you have to bring me beer every now and then.