Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Last month I had 2 uncles die within a week of each other, we missed the funeral for the last one(my fathers side), but everyone decided to have a memorial for the first(my mothers side). he did nt want one, and chose to be cremated and wanted no service in his honor but my grandmother wants one, so we are going to have one, my delima is...I HATE MY FAMLY!!!! seriously, this is the most snobish stuckup bunch of people i have ever met in my life, I loved my uncle and plann on going, he was a Naval officer for a long time, and sometimes it seems like the only reason my family attends these functions is to see who has done what and then gossip about them for the rest of their lives. I do not want my kids having part with any of the family like that, but would eel guilty if i did not bring them for my grand mother, what would you sugest in a family lke this? the memorial is may 31st
Old 05-22-2003, 01:42 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

just go, it's your family right? if you don't go and something happens to your own family ( sorry for me to say this ) , nobody will come because you didn't go to theirs.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:53 AM   #3
Lil Lil

I would go out of respect for my uncle (even if he didn't want the service) and to keep the family from gossiping about you for not going (sounds like you are in a no-win situation here). If they are that bad, don't speak unless you are spoken to and leave when the first opportunity arises.

Be glad you aren't a member of my family lol...they would fist fight over his belongings at the service and then accuse each other of stealing whatever they didn't get.

Best of luck to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2003, 02:15 AM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil Lil:
I would go out of respect for my uncle (even if he didn't want the service) and to keep the family from gossiping about you for not going (sounds like you are in a no-win situation here). If they are that bad, don't speak unless you are spoken to and leave when the first opportunity arises.

Be glad you aren't a member of my family lol...they would fist fight over his belongings at the service and then accuse each other of stealing whatever they didn't get.

Best of luck to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
strangly enough, they are like that,lol I know he did not leave much, and what he did have will go to his kids and second wife, but i am still worried, hope no oneshows u drunk :9 that would be usual though
ayway, thanks for te thoughts, but it is bed time and i am supposed to already be asleep
Old 05-22-2003, 08:08 AM   #5
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

My sympathies to you Stormy.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:07 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I can relate to what you are going through. I would go, and just be yourself, or you will have them talking about you, and thinking about you the way you feel about them. Just keep yourself above the pettiness, and remember, it's about your Uncle, not the rest of the family. Sorry for your losses.