Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 05:38 AM   #11
Vampire

Link why does it say you are slayer of fluffed things??
Old 09-07-2001, 05:45 AM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Leaving myself wide open for flaming here.....

C'mon you guys! Stop being childish! Memnoch wasn't giving us leave to use this reminder thread as an excuse for cussing!

I'm no innocent myself, but I am fortunate that I detest the word most people seem so fond of, so never use it. I DO use others, though, so I will do my utmost to remember not to, no matter how passionate I get!

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 05:46 AM   #13
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Actually I took the rangers statment as a bit of tounge and cheek sarcasm.Hope you all noticed his "F" word was a six letter one.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 05:51 AM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Link why does it say you are slayer of fluffed things??
Cos killing Fluffy ain't good enough. With Fluffed things i include bunnies, for instance...*evil grin*

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 06:07 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

My apologies - I did use an abbreviation that was suggestive of the word in question in jest in the 'Epic Threads' post (ahh, fond memories).

I don't generally mind swearing, but lately I have found that people around me in my personal life have been using that particular word an awful lot, and I am starting to find it offensive - especially if used directed at someone or if you're told 'that's a (censored) stupid idea' as I was by a friend the other day! He looked surprised when I gave him a dressing down about it. (the idea was also so obviously stupid as it was happily adopted by show of hands an hour later).

I left last night before any swearing had taken place, so I don't know who said what - so this is just a general comment.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-07-2001, 06:14 AM   #16
Link
Jack Burton

Good comment Epona. Like I said in my first reply: what's the use of such a discussion, when Saz says he wants to reduce those kind of words.

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 07:28 AM   #17
skywalker
Banned User

Thanx Saz, for the wise words! A truer gentleman there never was (I'm serious).

I've tried to say basically the same thing at other forums and I usually get flamed...big time. It's not the words that are necessarily nasty, it is the power that is placed behind them.

Mark
Old 09-07-2001, 10:33 AM   #18
MagiK

Great point Saz. I don't think I use that kind of language but I will watch myself more closely.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-07-2001, 10:34 AM   #19
Lestat
Manshoon

Shouldn't there be a censor that censor's F, D(i) and S?
Old 09-07-2001, 10:44 AM   #20
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I agree, Moridin...but Z's been known to close threads because of that. A little self-policing goes a very long way...especially when there are better ways to express oneself.
I agree Saz, I usually close a thread or delete a post only if it's just blatantly rude or has countless amount of cusswords..

As most of you know, I don't censor any words here--never have. I figure everyone is mature enough to understand when and how to use one of those words in a 'correct' way, and not just spout it out in every other word. Sometimes you want to curse to get your 'feeling' through, and I understand that, I do that as well.. but cussing JUST to cuss is frowned upon by most here, and just makes the user look bad and takes away from what they are trying to say in their post..

I think everyone has been doing an awesome job though!! Remember, if you DO see someone posting using lots of cuss words for no reason, PLEASE let me know asap. I usually warn people first, then if that doesn't work, IP ban them.

Thanks for that post Saz! --and ALL Mod's: You've been doing such a great job, you don't know how much it means to me for all the help you guys have given me and others here!! Hats off to ya!!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks