Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Well. I guess it's been a long time since I've really been around, folks. I've posted here and there, commented on a few things, lurked around a bit. Maybe I haven't been gone as long as I thought.

I know this is selfish, but the only reason I am posting this is because I am in need. Not financially or anything, I could just use a bit of prayer or happy thoughts.

December is supposed to be about really nice things, like snow, Christmas, New Years, and family. I've had my happy moments here and there, but a lot of this has just been a pretty crummy month. Not a lot of happiness from anything.

From a family member in abusive relationships to being worried sick about a friend's emotional well being, I think I've gone through more crap this month than I have this year. I don't really want to go into detail on it because I'm about to go to sleep and I'm in a decent mood at this point and going to sleep depressed, well, it sucks. I'm sure you get what I mean.

But yeah. I'd say pray for me, but I'm not worried about me. Pray for my sister and her two baby girls who've gone through more than two little girls should ever have to see. Pray for the man who's done all this to them, he needs it just as much. I know that may sound weird to some of you, but that's part of what I believe in. Pray for my friend, I won't share a name or anything, but pray for her as well. She's been through more than I have and how she copes with it is a mystery.

Pray for my mother, who's been there for this family through all of this. Pray for my brother who's been sober for four weeks now, an amazing accomplishment for him. And last, pray for me too, I suppose. I don't want to sound selfish, but I think I need it too if I'm gonna try and help everyone else out.

Keep all of these people in prayer and in mind, that's all I ask, and from what I know, you fine people are more than willing to do that for me.

Thank you all.

Good night.

-Andrew

[ 12-29-2006, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:19 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Someguy,

Glad to see you poke your head in [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, i'm not a religious person, but I will certainly keep those people in my thoughts and I do wish for people with those sorts of issues to at least think of the children who are going to be most affected by these sorts of things

Good luck, and I hope the new year brings in some happy changes for your family!
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I'm sitting here wondering if it's better to post or PM you on this. I think I'll PM instead.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You've got my prayers and support. I don't know what else to say, other than you've always got support here, either a post or a PM away.

Peace.

*B*
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

You have my prayer...
Old 12-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I wish you and yours all the best Someguy.

Do stop by more often.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Haven't seen you on IW in ages really, not in the regular way you used to be (why?)

While religion and prayer conflict with my style, I certainly wish you the best and hope things turn out well.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and well wishes. It means more than you all know.

I guess to answer your question, Spirit, is I've just been pretty busy with school. I've was busy with football during the fall months, now I'm busy lifting weights. I've been pretty involved with other school stuff, basketball games, student council, FFA stuff, haha and lots and lots of homework. And I'm just a sophomore. I know it only gets worse. I've been helping take care of my nieces and help keep my mom from stressing. I hope that answers your question.

And I know praying isn't everyone's thing and that's okay. I know you all will do what you can.

Thanks again.

-Andrew
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote