Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #101
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Mornin' folks.

It's been a hot, hot first two days of this week and it's supposed to be even hotter. I hate Oklahoma weather because everyday is in the 100s. It sucks. Anyway, summer training is pretty rough and I just got back from it about 30 minutes ago, what a day! Oh well, gotta get ready for the upcoming football season.

It's been a while, how is everyone? [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #102
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Been hot here, too, SG. We've been over 90 and close to the 100 mark, but not quite so bad as some of you folks out your way and in the south!

I think it's our payback for complaining about all the rain we got last month. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #103
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Was 34 degrees C (93 fahrenheit) here today, which is bloody hot.

I like having the heat as much as the next person, but a 15minute walk around the block with my dog tired me out...shocking.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #104
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It's going to hit 36 here tomorrow, with extreme humidity. Not much chance of getting any work done with such heat, once water touches the glass, it instantly vaporizes. I'm going to blind all windows and won't go outside the whole day. I might even dunk a bucket of icecubes in my underpants if things get a little too much. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Summer is nice and all, but this weather kills people, literally.

Not to mention all the weird bugs that fly around lately. Yesterday i walked through the park on my way back from groceryshopping when something stung me in the wrist of my right arm. when i looked what it was, i saw something that had all the looks of a normal fly, except it's wings were twice as long, and it was a bit greyish, while normal flies are black. when i sweeped it off my arm, i started bleeding a little, but nothing serious, so i moved on and didn't think of it anymore. 15 minutes later though, i got this weird feeling in my arm, and a few minutes later my arm felt completely numb, and it lasted for more than an hour. I'm still wondering what the hell kind of bug it was that bit me, it doesn't fit in any category of bugs known to me.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #105
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

The worst bugs are those aptly titled "little black flies". They live up to their namesake, and they are EVERYWHERE.

I hate the bastards *shakes fist*
Old 07-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #106
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Nah, those are just rookie flies, still have a lot to learn. The worst ones are those greenish bastards, who'll first dine on some huge turd, and then want to come sit on you.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:44 PM   #107
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudy, anyone will most likely be better than Cowbar LOL! Wonder what she will do once she is settled in with her retired self? I'm thinkin maybe for awhile she'll have trouble breaking that call-in habit, so will call in her hairdresser late, just cause. She'll make a new message on her answering machine that says "Something came up, and I'm not gonna be around", etc. etc. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 07-18-2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #108
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Cloudy, anyone will most likely be better than Cowbar LOL! Wonder what she will do once she is settled in with her retired self? I'm thinkin maybe for awhile she'll have trouble breaking that call-in habit, so will call in her hairdresser late, just cause. She'll make a new message on her answering machine that says "Something came up, and I'm not gonna be around", etc. etc. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
ROTFL! If she hasn't thought of it yet, she probably will! She did just cancel some appointments.... HAHAHAHA and she said she's putting off buying blinds or curtains til she's retired so she has more time to look for them.

But yes, I do think anyone that we finally hire, will be an improvement, no doubt about it!

Hot and sticky here. Been trying to pay some bills and found that ...ack.. a deposit I THOUGHT the dear hubby put in our checking account last month, went to the savings account by mistake and you know how I discovered that little tidbit of news? I was checking my funds to write a large check (it's car insurance time for hubby) and needed to move some money and saw a fee in the checking account that I didn't understand... yup, an overdraft fee...
Old 07-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #109
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
man, i wouldnt mind doing a bit of a trade in temperatures with you guys (well, 36 is a bit too warm) our high the other day was like 6 degrees C.

it sucks to walk to work in that,
Old 07-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #110
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd gladly share some of this heat with you, it was 117 f in my mom's car at 5:30 yesterday...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote