Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-03-2003, 09:31 PM   #1
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Can anyone give me some info on this mod? The site for it is not very helpful.

Some things I am wondering are how reliable it is as far as bugs being worked out go, and also if BGtutu characters are transferable to BGII.
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:45 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Characters are transferable, BG1tutu is still in the Beta phase though. I have it on my game and while it does incapasitate your BG2 storyline, it allows you to play BG1 with all the classes and graphics of BG2, and I think some of the spells as well, but don't quote me on that. As far as reliability, well do you plan on installing any mods? Did you check the forum that's linked to the BG1tutu site? Not the SilverRiver one, you have to go to the ReadMe, then click the Bugs link then click the link that takes you to the forum itself. I know it sounds complicated and messy, but you'll figure it out.

P.S. they're up to v4 now. I don't know how close to not being a beta yet, but from what I've been reading there's just a few minor bits here and there.

[ 10-03-2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:50 PM   #3
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Well, I do have mods installed right now. Not being able to play BGII is not a problem for me, as I only play one game at a time.

Are the enemies also BGII graphics?
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Old 10-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

The whole game is put into the BG2 version of IE. You can adjust the graphics and all that through the BG2 Config. But take my advice and leave the 3D acceleration off. I've read that it makes the water green.

Old 10-03-2003, 09:57 PM   #5
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Ok. So do you recommend it?
Old 10-03-2003, 10:33 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

I wouldn't know what to compare it with. I like it. Try it see what you think. Any major bugs you find. Report to the BG1tutu website.