Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-21-2001, 05:03 PM   #1
Piller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey

Could someone please tell me what they recommend for a 3D real time stratagy game. I am thinking about getting the new Dune game or Sacrafice. What would you recommend? I am looking for good game play, replay ability and great graphics.

Thanks

Piller
Old 08-21-2001, 05:12 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Warcraft II is the all time classic. One of my all time favorites. Starcraft rocks as well. The only problem is they are both 640x480. Warcraft III comes out in late Nov. early Dec. though so look out for that. Age of empires is great, Mechwarrior is pretty good, C & C Red Alert is a classic. There are tons of them. What have you played so far? I would also go so far as to say that all the BG games are in a way RTS' as well as RPG's.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-21-2001, 06:42 PM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I consider Starcraft Brood Wars the best strategy game ever
However, i can also recommend Dark Reign 2 although I had trouble adapting to the controls and C&C 3 (unfortunately we only have the demo so this recommendation doesnt count for much). Earth 2150 is very difficult or so im told, otherwise id say that too.

------------------
-------------------

-Only dead fish swim with the flow (i.e. not me)
Old 08-21-2001, 06:47 PM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

My vote goes to Emperor of Dune, Starcraft and MechCommander 2.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-21-2001, 06:54 PM   #5
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

I'll add my recommendation for Starcraft (and it's expansion Brood Wars). You could pick that up pretty cheap now and it will keep you going for hours. It's not 3D though, in the graphics acceleration sense, but it has a great plot, memorable characters and worryingly addictive gameplay. If you like other Blizzard games (Diablo etc) then you'll most likely enjoy Starcraft's style.

If you can wait, Warcraft III is going to be amazing.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:07 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i also must reccomend Starcraft and its expansion set of Brood War. also, if youre interested in internet play over b.net, come to the channel Clan SoulReavers. we might have a few openings for you there...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:51 AM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

If you're looking for 3D realtime, Ground Control, Earth 2015, Homeworld + Cataclysm, Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Sacrifice are good bets.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 08-22-2001, 03:12 AM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

I have the entire C&C series and I recommend Redalert2, Starcraft or better yet wait for warcraft3.

------------------
"The time to start running is around about the "e" in "Hey you!"
Sigmar, member of clan HADB
Old 08-22-2001, 06:03 AM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

all of you should try Dune Emperor, its real time 3d strategy, its absoloutly completely different from those Dune 2000 games... this one ROCKS!!

of course starcraft and warcraft would be nice

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 08-22-2001, 08:08 AM   #10
Rikard

Red Alert 2 and Warcraft 3 are the games you should be looking for
Tiberian Sun is Great too but a bit harder then Red Alert 2

I also hear Emperor of Dune was a Great Game but i haven't tried that though

Sacrafice isn't a "real" RTS but I've been told that was a great game too

------------------