Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 02:45 PM   #1
Lord Exxon

How many times have you guys played and succeded BG2 and how long did it take you?
I, myself, have played it 6 times, succeded it 4 (not so much against you guys, eh).

-------------------------------------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-15-2001, 02:49 PM   #2
Byronas

I've finish it 3 times. The first time with Cavalier, the second with Fighter and the third time with Totemic Druid. Now I am playing as an Archer!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-15-2001, 02:50 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Played: 20
Completed: 6(Not counting my three ToB completions.)
Completed without cheating: 3(Both without shadowkeeper, ctrl+ and cluaconsole cheats.)
Old 10-15-2001, 03:33 PM   #4
Haladar
Dungeon Master

Completed twice, neither with cheats. My shortest time was 51 days

------------------

-------------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian of The Holy Temple of Aerie
Old 10-15-2001, 06:37 PM   #5
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Er... never finished it yet. I have chronic restarter syndrome. Hopefully, the end is in sight this time! Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-15-2001, 07:09 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

i used to have a friend with that terrible deisease, chronic restarting. he went through the first level of just about every action game, shooter, puzzle, RPG anything you can think of .tragic. me, i just used to laugh and finish the entire game before he could even load it. (my spectrum had a floppy drive, his didnt)

i have just finished BG once, with the same character straight through from candlekeep to hell. now going through ToB.

im not sure if its without cheating or no - i did use SK to get keys and lost stuff back. i forgot to pick up aeries stuff when she died one time, and im not just going to let the gesen bow decay from the game, am i.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:57 PM   #7
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I beat the game only once with
a conjurer. Then I tried a Cleric
of Lathander, then I tried a Dwarven
Fighter, then I tried a Mage, then I
tried an Invoker, then I tried a Bard,
and now I'm a Totemic Druid and I am
bound and determined to win and play
ToB.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:38 AM   #8
Debaser

i've completed it 3 times. i'm working on the fourth right now. ToB i've done twice.
Old 10-16-2001, 03:40 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

My first game was as a Sorcerer, I was new to AD&D and did not know which spells were good or which were bad. I had Disintegrate... a cool spell until I realised it destroyed the loot too... ...

And get this, no Magic Missile, I chose Chromatic Orb instead.

I still managed to complete SoA with him though, but he hardly contributed to the group... ...

My second game was with a female Cavalier, and the party was all females. I completed SoA with them too, I am planning to do a sequel soon, and include ToB this time.

I tried Berserker and Wizard Slayer, both got boring and I quitted.

I played Sorcerer two more times, one through SoA only, the other through ToB.

I played a Blade through ToB.

I role-played Robin Hood and his merry men( and woman) all the way to ToB.

Currently in ToB with my first evil character, a Necromancer.

So... that's two failed attempts, and 3 through SoA only, 3 through ToB.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips
Old 10-16-2001, 08:51 AM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I´ve got the disease...Chronic restarter
But HEY...I´ve got a party this time about lvl. 17 so I can walk right up to the place I restarted the last game...in the underdark and just whack on.
I just need to find some cool weapons in the game first...carsomyr, all the items for the hammer of thunderbolts etc.
I really could need a bag of holding...are there some way to purchase this item in Athkatla or Trademeet before I venture into Spellhold?