Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 05:59 PM   #11
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Wow that would be so cool to see ...... I too am 18 and I have read his complete works .... so I agree that you don't have to be older to be able to enjoy it .... (but it probably helps sometimes)....
Old 08-24-2001, 07:33 PM   #12
Tancred
White Dragon

Huzzah! Shakespeare! I studied Macbeth in school, fabulous work. Studied King Lear too, didn't like it as much but still brill. I got to play Leonato in Much Ado About Nothing in a school play, fantastic feeling.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:35 PM   #13
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've never read Shakespeare but I think we will read a book by him in 11th grade English class (that is ASSUMING we ever get done with last years book). I'm looking forward to it
Old 08-25-2001, 07:54 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

I agree, Domingo and Starkiller. Old Age isn't necessarily a prerequisite to like Shakespeare
Though I do wonder what new insights into his works the years will grant me

My favourite plays....that's really difficult. King Lear is definitely one, as are Macbeth, a Midsummernight's Dream and The Tempest. I also loved Titus Andronicus ( really, I did...though it was also very shocking), The Taming of the Shrew (again, pretty shocking to me), A Winter's Tale, Two Gentlemen, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet (in top three list I guess), The Merchant of Venice, Antony and Cleopatra, and this one is also one of my absolute favourites: Richard III

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 08-26-2001, 12:53 AM   #15
Starkiller
The Magister

Ah, Richard III, who could forget lines like "A horse a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"...although it was rather strange when shouted about a broken jeep in the relatively recent "modern" version...anyone else think that was strange? Anyway, it is tough to pick favourites among Shakespeare, everything is so good. Julius Caesar is one of the greats in my opinion, and of course A midsummer-nights dream is up there. But I believe I still have to defer to my previous post: Macbeth is the best. It is simply so thought provoking, and deals with so many issues concerning destiny and life which you would not nesessarily notice if you simply read the book once, and this is one of the issues I love to debate about the most. For example, at the end of the book, his General's name is Satan, I mean stuff like that alone...it is certainly a loaded book to say the least. I have read it about 15 times now, acted out most of the parts in various productions (I intend to be an actor when I finish school), and seen about 5 productions, but it just keeps getting better. I must reccomend it for all of you who have not read it, and if you have, and tossed it aside as one of his simpler, more straight forward books, (easy to do), I urge you to take another look. But then again, this is just one humble fanatic's opinion

"Life is but a taudry player, who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury...signifying nothing."

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"