Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-19-2004, 03:00 AM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I started this game Jan 1 of this year....BG/TotSC,, then SoA/ToB...almost 6 months of gaming(I play slow-heavy on the role, light on the power), just to meet the Empress of Wisconsin(cheese). I cannot beat Melissan, even with the game set to novice. I have tried the "project image" cheese, which helps, until a "true sight" comes along. I have read about the "endless spells" cheese..which is just a complex variation of the "project image". Sorry folks, but I would like a DIRECT CHEAT. Maybe there is a Mod out there that drastically reduces OR eliminates Melissan's endless Summons. Any and all DIRECT CHEATS OR MODS that eliminate the difficulty of this battle will be tried. Thanks.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 05:27 AM   #2
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

If you would give more info (chars, items, spells, levels), it would be much more easier to help you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I suggest you play it through without cheating. You've made it to the end of the game, and you are within touching distance of the end.

It would be a big shame to lose your 'slow-heavy' roleplaying at this stage of the game. Just persevere and try different things.

Project Image > Summons > Wish to regain spells > Boost Spells (Haste/Bless/Prot Evil 10').

You can easily (!) get 100+ skeleton warriors, which I think should be enough even for this fight. If your computer is still able to do anything
Old 06-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes don`t cheat. It will take the pleasure of beating the game away from you. Just post your party and do a search on Final Battle,Melissan, or something like this for more strategies.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Don't cheat. Post your party for us, and levels... And I'll offer a generic bit of advice:
You can win this battle with no problems at all if you have someone with Wish memorized.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Ok,,Ok,, I'll keep trying. My party is...

Jaheira----- CL 33 fighter/druid
Valygar----- lvl 27 stalker
Sarevok----- lvl 28 fighter
Viconia----- lvl 33 cleric
Imoen------- lvl 24 dual thief/mage
Mort'Edain(me)--lvl 27 wild mage

I don't have *all* of the shiney ones, but I have a good bit. I've restuctured all the magic users spellbooks to be VERY heavy on Summons, and my spellbook to take better advantage of the "project image" and "wish" cheeses. I got Melissan to go to the throne twice, but we were too beat up(3 dead) to finish her off. I didn't know that the "wish" spell would give a virtual rest though. Gonna try that, thanks all, and Illumina, especially.

Old 06-20-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Spell immunityivination should protect your Project imaged mage from the True Sights the boss casts. You shouldn't run out of spells as easily if you can use project image. Also to get the rest and recover spells option from wish you need 18 wisdom. A potion of insight should help.

Edit:Oh yes you don't always get the option to rest and recover spells. Quick save between phases in the battles and reload until you do.

[ 06-20-2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Zarr ]
Old 06-20-2004, 07:51 PM   #8
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Zarr,, actually I think that every time you send Melissan to the throne,,, you get to "save". That will be her downfall, I think.

Old 07-13-2004, 05:23 PM   #9
Elhardo
The Magister

just dispell her spell protections and concentrate on her with fighters....
Old 07-14-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

The problem with your party is probably that you don't have any tanks that can protect your protagonist. Summons are therefor a good option to use (as you stated yourself). I can't see why it shouldn't work out with this party however, as you're high enough level. I can tell you I've beaten the ToB boss (with a lot of difficulty) with a lower level party my first game through. Good luck!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote