Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2003, 04:38 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Looks like I will be visiting in November, so first things first - are "The Arse" playing at home on the weekend of the 15th or the 29th, and what is the availability of tickets like oh mates, buddies, pals .

Failing that, if I get to London I have to have a drink with Charlie (seeing as he won't come within 4000 km of me here in Australia I'll have to track him down overe there [img]smile.gif[/img] - I am looking forward to meeting you buddy), and catch up with "Chainsaw Nige" .

I have an inkling I might be benefitting from a few Senior Engineers leaving the company of late - the brain drain may be the real reason behind last month's unexpected pay rise and now the prospect of another overseas trip beckons. I got told today to make time in the leave schedule so that my absence for 2 weeks could be covered. This time the review will be at the San Ciprian refinery in Spain.

Viva l'Espana [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Shameless BUMP - need to make sure Donut sees this [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 11:58 AM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Do I really need to say..."Have a good time?"

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:36 PM   #4
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Light Bulb

Hey, I've got some holidays left

Once you've got it sussed, drop me a line and if you like I'll see if I can jet down for a weekend in "The Big Smoke"

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 10-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Hey, I've got some holidays left

Once you've got it sussed, drop me a line and if you like I'll see if I can jet down for a weekend in "The Big Smoke"
Oh no - not all 3 Fosters Foisterers all in the same room . Seriously though, that would be great if it works out. I am hoping that I can wangle the better parts of those two weekends in London. Coverage needs to be arranged by no later than Tuesday, and travel plans sorted by the company by the end of Friday so I should know pretty soon. If there is any prospect of watching Arsenal play on either weekend then I will pour my efforts into making that weekend the longer one of the two [img]smile.gif[/img] , but I am expecting it to be easier to put a few days together at the end (ie perhaps have Thur, Fri, Sat of the weekend of the 29th flying out late on Sat night).

Looking forward to it.
Davros
Old 10-02-2003, 06:02 PM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Do I really need to say..."Have a good time?"
It is of course a working trip Kaltia [img]smile.gif[/img] - the comapny gets its pound of flesh first. It does however give me the opportunity to catch up with people around the edges though , and I am grateful for that.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:29 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

And the only company trip I got was to bloody melbourne [img]tongue.gif[/img]

London in november, hmmm whats the weather going to be like? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 10-03-2003, 06:56 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:

London in november, hmmm whats the weather going to be like? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Better than it is in Sydney at the moment apparently!

Davros - I've got good news and bad news.

Arsenal are at home on the 8th and the 30th and away to Birmingham on the 22nd. There is no game on the 15th.

The good news is that you could join me on the 22nd to watch England v New Zealand in the Rugby World Cup Final.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sorry Donut, I will have to pass on the World Cup Final I am afraid (much as I would have enjoyed being in the same bar as you to watch the mighty Wallabies crapping on your Roses and having me burst into a rendition of "Too slow - meek chariots". Alas I will still be in Spain that weekend, no doubt furiously working through the weekend. My best bet of going to a football game might be if I can get tickets to Deportivo on that weekend.

Darn - no home games on the Saturdays I needed - tell the FA that is mighty inconsiderate of them - I doubt that the company they will be happy to let me stay as late as the 30th unless the boss smiles on the concept of letting someone else do the month end production numbers. Saturday night will probably be the latest they would let me stay, but I will certainly push to see if it is possible to leave as late as Sunday or Monday. Leave coverage should not be an issue - just that darned month end duty stuff.

Much bargaining with the boss over leave and timetable in the next week or two methinks.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:30 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:

Better than it is in Sydney at the moment apparently!

Davros - I've got good news and bad news.

Arsenal are at home on the 8th and the 30th and away to Birmingham on the 22nd. There is no game on the 15th.

The good news is that you could join me on the 22nd to watch England v New Zealand in the Rugby World Cup Final.
[/QUOTE]I had my hopes up for a minute when I saw a website that had the home game against Fulham listed on Sat the 29th, but checking with the official Arsenal website confirmed your info that it is on the 30th . Pity they aren't sending me to Spain a week earlier - that home game aginst "The Scum" on the 8th could have been special .