Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-06-2001, 04:13 PM   #1
Jason the Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, I have IWD,HOW. now I'm back in the Tempus temple at Easthaven, down in the room and getting my butt kicked by the two iron golems and the two sworded devil thing. I used up all of my tricks the first time that we fought back in lower dorns deep. Any tips would be helpful. And I keep reading about all these postings of barbarian camps and so on, are these tings past this devil or did I just miss most of the game somewhere? Must have taken a wrong turn. Are there any spells that work on an Iron Golem?
Jason the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 06:37 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Have you rested to get your spells back? You can go on to HOW after the battle is over also.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 07:00 PM   #3
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Red:
Alright, I have IWD,HOW. now I'm back in the Tempus temple at Easthaven, down in the room and getting my butt kicked by the two iron golems and the two sworded devil thing. I used up all of my tricks the first time that we fought back in lower dorns deep. Any tips would be helpful. And I keep reading about all these postings of barbarian camps and so on, are these tings past this devil or did I just miss most of the game somewhere? Must have taken a wrong turn. Are there any spells that work on an Iron Golem?
You're a little ahead of me here, but the Hammer in the box at the back of the smithy in Khuldahar is +4 or 5 v Iron Golems. You should be able to get it by theft or by rescuing the smithy's son.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123
Old 04-07-2001, 12:48 AM   #4
Jason the Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh yeah, I forgot the hammer, now I just have to go back and get it. Thanks.
Jason the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 04:46 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

remember to save protection from fire spells for after the battle starts. haste, spirit armor, bessings and such.. they all help too..
kill the golems first though..
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 06:09 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

Jason, I'm not sure about IWD but in regular AD&D (1st and 2nd Ed) Transmute Stone to Mud had the effect of healing them and Stone to Flesh would have the same effect on them as a Slow spell. Other than that they where immune to magic. That's the best I can tell you.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:56 PM   #7
Arwin Shadowsteel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And another tip, try to stay away from the circle because of the many traps that are in there. And if the "priest" teleports away, try to heal your characters instead of following him and stay where you are until he gets back.
And don't summon any monsters since they often walk into the circle and release some of the traps.

My tactic was to kill the Golems first. That shouldn't take to long if you have two fighters like I did. Then just attack the "priest" with your fighter(s) and heal him/them with your cleric(s) all the time.

-Arwin Shadowsteel
Arwin Shadowsteel is offline   Reply With Quote