Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2002, 03:44 PM   #11
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
The MSNBC article states:

The sellout crowd of more than 15,424 booed loudly when Bradbury was shown as the winner.

That is just plain bad sportsmanship on the part of the crowd. Steven Bradbury may have had an amazing stroke of luck to win the gold, but he didn't deserve that sort of treatment.

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

I doubt that the crowd was booing Bradbury personally.
There was the option to have the race rerun, which the officials passed on...something the crowd expected...that and the fact that the Korean skater intentionally took Ohno out when he fell...well we Americans tend to get a little PO'd at that sort of unsportsman-like behaviour.

With the acceptance of the Silver by Ohno in good sportsmanship and gratitude at being able to make it across the finish line (even if it was only his skate lol), I think the American crowd accepted the results and forgave the Korean.
I don't know of anyone who isn't happy for Bradbury and the stroke of luck that got him the Gold.