Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-20-2001, 01:40 PM   #1
Argyle
Welcomed New User

In the Shade Lord temple I came across half of a journal that describes the location of a treasure hidden at the bottom of some stone pillars. Well, I found the hiding spot, but I can't search it. Pressing highlights it as a searchable location, but I don't get the 'search' cursor when I place the pointer over the area.

Any ideas?

thx.

-aRg
Old 08-20-2001, 01:50 PM   #2
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Argyle:
In the Shade Lord temple I came across half of a journal that describes the location of a treasure hidden at the bottom of some stone pillars. Well, I found the hiding spot, but I can't search it. Pressing highlights it as a searchable location, but I don't get the 'search' cursor when I place the pointer over the area.

If you see a different color when you press on it but your front or active character isn't going to it, you might have a bug and could consired going back to a previous save is this solves it. The pillar is the only one, in the middle of the small room and cannot be missed. Although, if I am not wrong, there is little need for what is inside, if I remember well, all there is inside is two answers for the questions that the statue will ask you which you can answer by trial and error anyway.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:54 PM   #3
Argyle
Welcomed New User

WH-

thx...but that is not the pillar i am talking about. the one i'm referring to is not inside the temple, but outside in the forest on the southern edge of the area.
Old 08-20-2001, 02:41 PM   #4
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
WH-

thx...but that is not the pillar i am talking about. the one i'm referring to is not inside the temple, but outside in the forest on the southern edge of the area.

You mean the Shadow Priestess herself?? The one you can only go there via the Shadow dragon (or, weirdly enough if you come from the other side of the map). In the round clearing?
Old 08-20-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
Argyle
Welcomed New User

nope..not the shadow altar, however, if you were to head southwest from the shadow altar you would come across it.

-aRg
Old 08-20-2001, 02:59 PM   #6
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
nope..not the shadow altar, however, if you were to head southwest from the shadow altar you would come across it.

-aRg
I'm looking for it as we speak. I've look all over the map but can't find the spot yet, but I'll look SW. We are talking about those 8 rock formations? From West to East at the bottom South?

Old 08-20-2001, 03:02 PM   #7
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

If you count from Left to Right, which Rock Formation would I have to go up from to get to the spot? Obviously, it cannot be a pillar per say, I mean, nothing out there looks like a pillar (except for the two area with the stairs).
Old 08-20-2001, 08:51 PM   #8
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Forget about it, unless your main character is a ranger. The journal that you found is part of a stronghold quest for rangers. It won't appear for other classes.
Old 08-21-2001, 05:03 AM   #9
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

is that the mirthil quest?
Old 08-21-2001, 07:47 AM   #10
Lord Shield

yes - it only exists as part of the Ranger sub-quest

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site