Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2001, 11:31 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Mary Kay Ash, founder of the Mary Kay cosmetics line, passed on today of natural causes at her home in Dallas, TX. She was 83 years old.

Mary Kay was one of the great leaders of women in the business world. From 1963 onward, she helped liberate women through financial independence by giving them sales jobs, offering promotions, and giving them a sense of purpose and self-esteem in the business world. Today, her sales force numbers in the 750,000's, most of those women, and many of which are now millionaires.

The wisdom she imparted to her sales force enabled them to strive forward and make successes of themselves in ways they never had envisioned before. An example of some of her wisdom is: "Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve."

Also: "Do you know that within your power lies every step you ever dreamed of stepping, and within your power lies every joy you ever dreamed of seeing? Within yourself lies everything you ever dreamed of being. Become everything that God wants you to be. It is within your reach. Dare to grow into your dreams and claim this as your motto: Let it be me."

A truly great lady has passed from our world. To view a tribute to her, you can visit the following site:

http://www.marykaytribute.com/

I offer this as a personal tribute to the light she helped bring to this world, and to the thousands of women she has affected, and which her legacy will continue to affect.

"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell;
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

--JOHN DONNE

Respectfully,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-23-2001, 09:56 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Wow...thanks for posting that.
(ignore your e-mail, by the way...)
I did not know that she was that old!
She set an example to other women in the world of what can be acheived with desire.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:26 AM   #3
Tiamat
Banned User

Beautiful poem man!