Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-10-2003, 06:01 PM   #1
Shotgun
Manshoon

I'm interested in downloading the flirt packs, but have a question. The only mod NCP I've downloaded is Kelsey (I'm new at this). Do I need to download others to use the flirt pack or no? Also, I don't have ToB yet--although I plan to buy soon! Do I need it before I can install any of this stuff or is it okay that I only have SoA right now? Will they get buggy if I install ToB later? Thanks!
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You can install and use the flirtpacks at any time, no matter which mods you have (as log as they're WeiDU), or if you have ToB or not. You're gonna have to reinstall it after installing ToB, though, along with Kelsey.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:54 PM   #3
Shotgun
Manshoon

Ah. But the WeiDu site says I have to have ToB to install the Ascension mod. If I just have SoA, do I need it?

Last question for now, I swear! In my party right now are: me (mage, good), Anomen, Minsc, Jaheira, Jan, and Aerie. Who would you get rid of and replace with Kelsey?

Thanks!

[ 08-10-2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Shotgun ]
Old 08-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #4
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

I think Kelsey's creators went for the male elven mage avatar instead of the male human mage avatar because the human avatar is tall with a beard. I just can't picture Kelsey being over 5'8" for some reason, and he definitely doesn't have a beard. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Who to boot all depends on who your gender and who you're romancing, if anyone. You need Jan's thief skills. Anomen and Minsc both make great tanks. If you're not romancing Aerie, switch her for Kelsey. If you're romancing Aerie, instead switch Jaheira for Kelsey.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun:
Ah. But the WeiDu site says I have to have ToB to install the Ascension mod. If I just have SoA, do I need it?

Last question for now, I swear! In my party right now are: me (mage, good), Anomen, Minsc, Jaheira, Jan, and Aerie. Who would you get rid of and replace with Kelsey?

Thanks!
Probably Aerie. You already have 2 priests with Jaheira and Anomen, and both you and Jan are mages.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:16 PM   #6
Shotgun
Manshoon

That explains why Kelsey looked a bit, ahem, feminine to me when I first talked to him. And, since I forgot to mention it before, my PC is female (I thought I'd go with a woman first since I am). If I started all over again, I'd make my PC different, but I'll give this one a go first.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:44 PM   #7
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun:
I'm interested in downloading the flirt packs, but have a question. The only mod NCP I've downloaded is Kelsey (I'm new at this). Do I need to download others to use the flirt pack or no?
The "NPC Flirt Packs" are for the four romance characters included in the game.

Kelsey contains his own flirt pack as part of the core download, you do not need to add any additional software.

Quote:
Also, I don't have ToB yet--although I plan to buy soon! Do I need it before I can install any of this stuff or is it okay that I only have SoA right now? Will they get buggy if I install ToB later? Thanks!
Yes, installing TOB (and/or the official Bioware patches) will damage your mods. Your best bet is to uninstall all mods, install TOB and the patch, then reinstall the mods. You will need to employ a "talk fixer" for any add-on NPCs like Kelsey (which in his case is selecting him and pressing K) once you've done the TOB/patch upgrade.

You mention Ascension--yes, Ascension requires TOB, you cannot install Ascension without TOB.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:12 AM   #8
Manshoon

My (not so educated) opinion would be to get rid of Anomen, if you're looking at it in terms of "I need a good balance."

Dropping Anomen will still leave you two tanks, Minsc and Jahiera.

You also have two clerics, Aerie and Jehiera. (one of whom can still turn undead) Jahiera has the added bonus of druid spells. Fire Elemental will come in VERY handy early on, as will some others down the line that only she can cast.

You have one thief, which is all a party needs.

And you also have three spellcasters. Three may seem excessive, but there's never been a single time that I've heard myself say "Man, I wish I had less spells to toss at bad guys."

Plus, you'll be the only one casting 100% of the time. Aerie will be healing a lot, and if you use her right, she's a great tank with all her spell buffs. Jan can cast and shoot his handy lil crossbow when his spells run out, so I usually just load him up with the spells that take down enemy mage defenses and spells that the damage isn't dependant on his level. After all, he levels slower from being multiclass, so his spells will do less damage. But a Breach spell is still a Breach spell, no matter who casts it. Your mage will be the fastest leveling spell caster you have, do the most damage, and hopefully have the most spells and scrolls on her.

Yeah, that's just me. Like I said, I don't go in terms of raw power, so please no one attack me with, "Jahiera sucks compared to Anomen!" comments... I'm just stating my opinion.

[ 08-12-2003, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: 605 ]