Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 09:04 PM   #51
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Thanks, Miss Fljotsdale ! ... Would you now kindly step back, so that I can shoot myself: I even tried Algeria on number 39, but because I am such an idiot I decided it didn't fit ! Any preferences ? In the mouth or in the temple ?
Neither and it's not Guiana its:
SPOILER:
Iguana - animal, unless it's different elsewhere it's Guyana. But then, I've been wrong before, too.
And I thought it was deer because it falls under a different sub-classification (you know - with phylum, species, family, etc.?) I never thought about the number of letters in the words! :embarrased:

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old 10-17-2001, 09:18 PM   #52
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Neither and it's not Guiana its:
SPOILER:
Iguana - animal, unless it's different elsewhere it's Guyana. But then, I've been wrong before, too.
And I thought it was deer because it falls under a different sub-classification (you know - with phylum, species, family, etc.?) I never thought about the number of letters in the words! :embarrased:

Well, my dearest and purest Snow white , Iguana is at least a word I honestly didn't know in English, but Miss Fljotsdale is right that there is a geographic region on the northern coast of South America that is called Guiana, even though the nation state is spelt Guyana ... well, don't feel too bad: counting the letters would have never occured to me in such an exercise, either. I still think though that "horse" should have been a valid answer too - for the reason I already explained.

Good to see you, btw !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-17-2001, 09:23 PM   #53
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

to you too, sweetie!

Yes, I considered horse for your reasoning. But my sense of "if it seems that easy, it probably isn't" got me with that one. And I was not aware of the other Guiana. Hmmm...More studying to do.

btw: how'd you find that answer out, anyway? Did you cheat? Is that why you scored higher than me? Heeeeyy! *looks suspiciously at Ramon*

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-17-2001, 09:40 PM   #54
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
to you too, sweetie!

Yes, I considered horse for your reasoning. But my sense of "if it seems that easy, it probably isn't" got me with that one. And I was not aware of the other Guiana. Hmmm...More studying to do.

btw: how'd you find that answer out, anyway? Did you cheat? Is that why you scored higher than me? Heeeeyy! *looks suspiciously at Ramon*

Well, of course by going back and changing the answer to see which options would result in a higher score - and no: I only did that after I had completed the test !

Btw, have I ever told you that you got a very sensual tongue ?! (well, as long as it is still moving and not "stuck from over-use" ... )

But, now I got to abandon you: 3 and a half hours before I got to get up again ! Have a wonderful evening !

(And you got to tell me one time about your roleplaying theatrics with Kazlein, Neb and company ... )

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-17-2001, 09:41 PM   #55
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Btw, have I ever told you that you got a very sensual tongue ?! (well, as long as it is still moving and not "stuck from over-use" ... )
She certainly does seem to use it a lot, dosen't she?
Old 10-17-2001, 09:42 PM   #56
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Okay, dear!
Nighty night!
*smoochies*

oh! And just for you dear: (sweet dreams)

------------------

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-18-2001, 04:37 AM   #57
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Discussing spoilers :

Damn, Algeria and Iguana - Davros steps behind himself to administer a good swift kick . And I am sure I guessed horse as well for the same reasons as Ramon - go figure -why deer??? As to the Guiana debate, I believe there is no such named country (having been to Suriname and Guyana before). A quick search of Encarta reveals :

"Guiana, region in the northeastern part of South America, bordering the Atlantic Ocean and extending between the Orinoco, Negro, and Amazon rivers. Its area of about 1,787,000 sq km (about 690,000 sq mi) embraces Guyana (formerly British Guiana), Suriname (formerly Dutch Guiana), French Guiana, and small parts of Venezuela and Brazil. The region consists almost entirely of the Guiana Highlands, a rugged upland area covered by dense tropical rain forests."

There has been no listing of a country that is just Guiana that I know of, or could find via search.

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 10-18-2001, 09:43 AM   #58
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
LOL Flojtsdale - I went for steamboat as well - I wonder what the "right" answer is. And Epona, good expansion of the possible answers for that question - incidentally I didn't rule out the train as not using steam, because it didn't specify that it couldn't be a steam train. I took the current form of public transport argument. Incidentally, what were the first and third jumbled letter words???

spoil

errmmm the right answer is the car cause it's not public transport
If you went on the basis of a plane being in the air then that would rule out the boat as well. Modern steamboats aren't really powered by steam, and besides most planes use a different fuel than a car, and buses are usuallu diesel not gasoline. So the only one that will rule out only 1 of the choices is the basis of public transport. HTH

I got a 148... that general ed bit torques me off. At least it only took 40 minutes.

Prime

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Prime2U (edited 10-18-2001).]