Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #41
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sup everybody, I been doing fair enough, starting to hate my job, but at least I get money out of it. Not enough to live on, but thankfully my parents are generous with the living space, at least for now. When I ever get a job that'll allow me to live on my own, I'm outta here. Course that'll launch a whole new array of interesting obstacles.

TiliaLyn, never met you before, and since I've never welcomed you before, a belated welcome to Ironworks.

Anyways right now I'm listening to the London Symphony Orchestra perform the soundtrack to Braveheart. Awesome music, the movies good too.

Anyways my job is kinda sucking right now cuz they have me covering for someone else for the next 7 weeks and I've only had one week of training for the position (not nearly enough). I'm sure I'll have it down by the time they get back though.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #42
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well my main thing with this game Johnny is whether to go waaaaaaay up north to the next quest, which is up past Icecreek Pass, can't remember the name of it, but it's in these white clouds area on the map way up north. Sooo much unexplored though. I haven't done all of the southern desert, in the south-south east there is some castle in clouds as well, haven't gone there yet. Haven't gone west either along the desert where all the fire stuff is (maybe your lava lands). Just don't want to do a main quest and not be able to cover all the uncovered stuff. Wish I had a walk through to tell me what the main quests direct you do next, where to go, etc., so I'd know.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...e/sacred_a.txt Here ya go. It's been a big help for me so far. I had some trouble finding my way past Icecreek pass too, even took a few wrong turns at times, or entered a cave instead of staying on the road. That's the key, stay on the roads and let the minimap be your guide. The roadsigns will lead you in the right direction, but the walkthrough should be of some help as well.

Edit: if you click on the link, it won't work, protected by the author and stuff, just copy and paste it into your browser's search window, and bookmark it.

[ 06-09-2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 06-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #43
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OK thanks Johnny [img]smile.gif[/img] Bookmarked.

I just killed another dragon in the West, and pondering going into your fire lava area, if it is the one to the west below Porto Draco along the beginnings of the southern desert. Hehe, heard there might be a dragon in there, will consult your link first but I'm ready to go, kinda sick of the greyed out monsters in the areas I've covered.

Oh and most of my Sacred screenshots here were in the4 desert and not so impressive looking. Here are two pics of the latest dragon I killed tonight, he was a colorful one, kinda hated to kill him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And he's down:

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #44
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Hey...isn't that your CHARACTER embedded in the dragon's skull! That'll take down anything, LZ. You cheat

I may very well try out the masks! More because, I found out, the structure we're demolishing (piece by piece) contains asbestos.

ASBESTOS. OF ALL THINGS AT A LIMESTONE QUARRY...

Funny, today was horrible, but I managed to keep my good mood through most of it, though my coworkers were a bit grumpy. I got sunburned and torch-slag burnt, cussed a bit, and moved on.

Took my pulse at one point (when I was dizzy, and my ears were pounding in that way that lets you know your blood pressure is really high) and it was about 140. I subsequently took a water break!

Next time I'm in Iceland, Jorath, I'll remember to avoid automatic bill-paying! Here in the states, the phone company HAS to give you a notice first, though...though those can be missed.

Promotions go to the level of incompetence, FSA! If you can do this job, they'll just send you to another one that you can't do!

Poor thing...must be misery in FL this time of year.

Oh, and Sir G, your voice is an octave lower because your bacteriophages went overboard and killed everything that moved in your throat...either that, or you coughed enough to damage the poor tissue there...

It'll clear up in 2 days (probably)

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:53 AM   #45
wellard
Dracolisk

Strewth Ilander ASBESTOS!

Don’t even go back. Seriously mate it only takes one piece of fibre/dust to give you cancer. People like housewives get cancer and stuff from washing their husbands overalls that have been contaminated, your youth will not save you! And cheap masks are not a guarantee of safety. I can’t believe they let you work with such stuff and not train you. Even the USA must have some labour protection laws.

If you do go back take some samples and photos, it will make a lawyer’s job easier.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:56 AM   #46
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Can asbestos really be that nasty? I think the Romans used it for clothing.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:37 AM   #47
Eagle eye
Elminster

No more neighbors!
Our ever so annoying neighbors have left for good and we feel like partying. Come and join us for our cyber festivities.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:35 AM   #48
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Greasel:
Can asbestos really be that nasty? I think the Romans used it for clothing.
And they also used lead for cosmetics ....

Mesothelioma is a cancer that causes extreme pain and breathlessness as the tumour crushes the lung. There are no cures and it is inevitably fatal within about 12 months of diagnosis. Australia has the highest per capita incidence of mesothelioma in the world. More than 500 Australians a year are contracting the disease. For each diagnosed case of mesothelioma, research shows there are two additional cases of asbestos-related lung cancer and non-malignant asbestos-related disease. Link1

Mesothelioma was a rare disease but since the 1960’s there has been an “epidemic” of this disease. There are currently 10-20,000 cases per annum throughout the world and the incidence continues to increase each year. Of great concern is the fact that between 20 and 35% of all patients have never had “significant” exposure to asbestos ie. they represent ordinary individuals from the population who presumable have inhaled asbestos fibres in the past but who cannot recall such exposure. The Australian federal government (Worksafe) have predicted that mesothelioma will kill more Australians than AIDS. link2

It is thought mesothelioma can be caused by as little as a single asbestos fibre. It is remarkable how many walks of life have caused people to come into contact with asbestos and tragic how many are now beginning to suffer the consequences. link

By way of analogy Geoffrey Tweedale in his book "Magic Mineral to Killer Dust" illustrates the minute size of individual asbestos fibres:
"2 million fibres can fit on a pinhead
Link

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-10-2005, 06:42 AM   #49
wellard
Dracolisk

And after all that, a beer please Cloudy
Old 06-10-2005, 07:53 AM   #50
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Trust me and Wellard when we say Asbestos is that bad. A company over here (James Hardey) has had to pay MILLIONS to cover asbestos claims after they knowenly put the stuff in their products.

And I will have a beer to Cloudy! Wellard its your shout right ?

Well I just finshed playing Guildwars I can never seem to catch anyone online. Guess I will head off to bed for a well deserved sleep and a LONG WEEKEND! YEEEHAAAAAA!