Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 04:30 AM   #1
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

I just read this Times article that says basically men are genetically smarter than women!
Quote:
Of course, it has long been known that girls mature earlier than boys physically and psychologically. What is new in Lynn and Irwin’s work is that they quantify this fact, and also find a small but significant adult male advantage in average IQ. This advantage appears to emerge at 15 years of age and keeps growing. In fact, Lynn and Irwin estimate that males are, on average, innately smarter than females by about five IQ points from the age of 21 onwards.
I've been reading about the Mercedes Murder case and feel a need to smite some feminists! LOL.
In case you don't know about the case I'll recap it for you(as I remember it). A woman runs over her husband multiple times (in her Mercedes), killing him, with her step daughter in the car (begging her not to kill her dad) and then gets custody of said step daughter. In fact some bloody (feminist controlled) news shows and groups actually portrayed her as heroic and him the villian. She said he was having an affair but at the same time she was also having an affair (with a man whose wife had just earlier died of mysterious causes btw)! The courts deemed it wrong to seperate the daughter from her sole surviving parent (Since she killed her husband!!!!) and gave her custody!
Thank goodness she's serving many many many years in jail! (The courts did something right!)
But anyway... Men are smarter than women! HaHa!!
I hope no one will get too offended (I'm only blowing off some steam!). Just to let you ladies know that although men do get more intelligent than women they can also get less intelligent(ie. the dumbest people on the planet are most likely men).
Old 10-03-2003, 04:56 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh God, please don't start this debate off again.
If you don't want to offend people then why did you post material that some people are obviously GOING to find offensive?

It's unfortunate that this chauvinist drivel has to be brought up anytime someone interprets some sort of inter-gender power struggle taking place in a law court.

But hey, if you can't beat 'em, join em.

What do YOU say Iamthumper to the notion that Male humans shall be extinct in the next 150,000 years due to a marked deterioration of the Y chromosome with each generation? Check out the hypothesis here : http://www.townhall.com/columnists/s...20021107.shtml . Seems to me that if our species is to survive for the long haul then methods of dual-female breeding with double-egg chromosome fertilisation need to be developed. After all, the two genders exist merely to promote genetic variation through sexual mating. If you can get the same variation without males and their sperm simply by mating two eggs together (already possible in theory) then males have no further purpose.

Are us males dead weight? Excess baggage? What do you think man? Does the world need us because...well....just.... BECAUSE!?? Or can you think of a logical justification for our furthered existence considering the inevitable destruction of our Y chromosomes AND the possibilities of dual-female mating?

[ 10-03-2003, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 10-03-2003, 05:11 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
I hope no one will get too offended (I'm only blowing off some steam!). Just to let you ladies know that although men do get more intelligent than women they can also get less intelligent(ie. the dumbest people on the planet are most likely men).
i will not comment on this thread.. wait.. i just did.. doh [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

seriously: i would like you to reconsider on posting this thread.. this can get very ugly..

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-03-2003, 05:36 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Heya H-man [img]smile.gif[/img] Well said.

Iamthumper, sorry mate but you seem almost as rabid as most feminists
I can't stand rabid feminism either - I'm all for equal opportunities but none of that 'women are better' sh*t. OR 'men are better' sh*t, for that matter.

But as Hiero said, if you don't want to offend, why bring it up? Why not find some other way to get rid of that typically male aggression and frustration?

Anyway, I'm not offended man! Even *if* men turn out on the whole to have higher IQs than women, that just means that women on average have lower IQs. As it happens though I am smarter than most men (and women) I know, so it doesn't affect me in the least. There. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-03-2003, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 10-03-2003, 05:36 AM   #5
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
quote:
i will not comment on this thread.. wait.. i just did.. doh [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

seriously: i would like you to reconsider on posting this thread.. this can get very ugly..
[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]

That's what this smilie is for!

Wasn't there a thread similar to this a few days ago? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 05:48 AM   #6
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Even *if* men turn out on the whole to have higher IQs than women, that just means that women on average have lower IQs. As it happens though I am smarter than most men (and women) I know, so it doesn't affect me in the least. There. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Iamthumper dude, Mel fully swashed your buckles with that point
Remember, 'averages' are misleading.

Mel, you should have auditioned for Pirates of the Caribbean. They could've used a sharp-minded Dutch piratess in their cast
Old 10-03-2003, 06:00 AM   #7
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Are us males dead weight? Excess baggage? What do you think man? Does the world need us because...well....just.... BECAUSE!??
Without men, who will kill spiders and open pickle jars?
Old 10-03-2003, 06:01 AM   #8
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
But anyway... Men are smarter than women! HaHa!!
Erh... no. IQ scores doesn't really have much to do with how smart you are (there are plenty'a situation where it's smarter to train other skills than your IQ, most cavemen, for example, would be better off learning how to run like hell than building IQ ("A HA! I notice a very peculiar pattern in the stripes of that sabretooth tiger running toward me. I'm a genius!")).

And either way, so what? Most folks are dumbasses no matter what sex they are [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 06:08 AM   #9
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
Without men, who will kill spiders and open pickle jars?
Heh heh. Why, humans of course
Old 10-03-2003, 08:57 AM   #10
Thoran
Galvatron

I always though IQ tests were a pretty poor way to determine intelligence (and I scored 140... so I must be right! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). The particular study IAmThumper referenced also indicated that girls are a bit smarter than guys (on average) all the way to their 20's... and it's only then that things equalize and in the 30's the guys gain a slight advantage. The total difference in both cases is small enough (a couple points) that it could easily be attributable to experimental error. If it is true, then I wonder if the guys being dumber in school has less to do with intelligence and more to do with which head guys think with all through their school years .

That chromosome thing is a load too (alhough your point is well taken), the Y chromosome has internal mechanisms for repairing errors that the referenced research either didn't know about or chose to ignore.