Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-07-2000, 08:08 PM   #21
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Raven = what sort of artist??
I'm an artist too. I specialize in oil paintings of "forest floors"
Nudity doesn't bother me either. Probably not a practical choice for wandering through the woods and fighting monsters. Wonder if you play this game long enough if there will be season too.

Wyv
Old 11-07-2000, 08:09 PM   #22
Lily the Ranger

I would like to see less cleavage more clothes or have an option button.
Clothing: Yes or less.
Appearance: Voluptuous (- to hit, running) average (no penalty).

The leather bra does weigh less but I am as likely to fight in that as I am to go about vacuuming in heels and pearls. I haven't found the chain bra but my honey put together a coif from links - it had a tendency to pinch and was heavy. Like the Valkyrie option . . . I was sick of having a fixed male character in Nintendo. In my limited experience this is the best game I have played but I will be trying others you have mentioned. Now, I will try to post this again didn't work the first time so you will have the short-winded version. Or you may see both versions of this message or none! Luck!

Old 11-07-2000, 08:14 PM   #23
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Hehe! Hi Lily, you are back. I suppose, as long as we have CRPGs, we shall have scantily clad females heaving their bosoms next to snarling, evil demons with ichor-dripping fangs. Perhaps it's the duality that draws us..
Old 11-07-2000, 08:46 PM   #24
alzagor

RE: Nudity

There was nudity in the game. (I should know, I made them!) When you were able to split up your party (ie. see your characters in the world), one of the costume changes was ability to undress down to your loin cloth.

In contrast to being topless, every costume (with the exception of the barbarian bra and purple mage robe) had ample coverage. So, female players had to bulk up and cover themselves to get a decent armor class, just like the male players.

Too bad those features are no longer in there !

alz
http://darkslayers.com/deep6

Old 11-07-2000, 09:04 PM   #25
alzagor

RE: follow up after reading the rest of the thread:

The leather bra wasn't intended to be a piece of armor. It was included "free of charge" with the default costume (barbarian). I don't believe any other costumes featured bare midriffs.

The possibility of having your female elf run around topless applied to everyone, even Ogres, even Gourks... and that wasn't a pretty sight! But the balance was there

Bradley put the spin on Lysandra. If I remember right, she was originally a bit more... hmmm, regal(?) and less like a cheerleader before he modified her.

Old 11-07-2000, 09:48 PM   #26
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

A topless Gourk... *shudders* perhaps there is justice in this world that we weren't exposed to that after all
Old 11-07-2000, 10:01 PM   #27
KnifeHand

I am a female game-player, though I play RPGs and FPSs. And I am quite picky about RPGs....it has to have just the right interface or I don't like it. For example, I don't like the strategy-oriented ones with a birds-eye view of armies. I like Drakan: Order of the Flame (ok, so its not strictly RPG, but it still kicks ***), and I am liking WW, although it doesn't appear to have much replay value.

And it ticks me off about FPSs (and most games in general) that either a)you can only play as a male, b)there are fewer choices for female skins, c)the male skins are always ugly (no fun to look at , and d) the female ones are incredibly sexy.

At least Quake III has lots of choices.

Oh, and 10 kagillion points to whoever knows where my name came from/who it is/what is!

Old 11-07-2000, 10:15 PM   #28
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Tang Soo Do -- "Art of the Knifehand"
Is that where you get your name from, Knifehand? (martial arts move?) Do I get a kagillion points?
Old 11-07-2000, 10:24 PM   #29
KnifeHand

Nope, not where it is from (though that sounds pretty cool). Its something fantasy.

Alright, how about a hint: I will not touch a sword.

Old 11-07-2000, 11:50 PM   #30
Lily the Ranger

I shouldn't say this . . . but since I am banished from the computer while it is being used for higher purpose I shall. Female gourk? 8-10 sets of well, you know. That adds up to 4-5 bras. Gourks can carry a lot so weight is not a problem. Armor class accumulative - good thing. The fact that each pair is spaced diagonally instead of horizonally for feeding young . . . well it presents an odd picture. Sorry.