Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-10-2001, 04:15 PM   #1
DavidL
Dungeon Master

First, why has JAheira suddnely lost her ability to shapechange? In Irenacus (?) prison, she could, now she can't... I've removed armor and weapons, but she can't do it...

Secondly, If I drop Yoshimo now (only ch. 2...), will he still attack later in the game?

Another one, where do I go to get the silver hilt and the silver blade for the silver sword? I've read about it on the boards...Which quest is it in, and do you have any advice on acquiring it?

Finally, I've got MInsk, Jaheira, Anomen, me (sorcerer), Aerial, and Yoshimo. Have any advice on party reform? I just ran accross VIconia, and she got torched. (how the hell do I stop that one?) WOuld she be a better addition to the party.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:37 PM   #2
Ugaya
Manshoon

I can only answer the last questions:

The missing parts of the Equalizer can be found in Underdark (chapter 5). There is no special quest to find them. Prepare yourself for a very bad kind of Beholders and a bunch of Mind Flayers.

To rescue Viconia you have to "use" the funeral pile. Viconia is a better cleric but her fighting qualities are laughable without a strength boosting item.

[This message has been edited by Ugaya (edited 09-10-2001).]
Old 09-10-2001, 07:42 PM   #3
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry, I've never had the problem of Jaheira being unable to shapechange. But I find that the alternative forms aren't that great either, so I seldom used them in the first place.

If you dump Yoshimo, he won't attack later in the game.

You already have roughly 2 priests in the party (Anomen + Jaheira~0.5 + Aerie~0.5). Viconia is a better cleric in terms of additional spells, but I guess she is not as good in hand-to-hand combat as Anomen (since he was a fighter earlier). Depending on your preferences, it's better choose between these 2. Aerie is good because of her numerous spells in general, and Jaheira is great for druid spells (some are different from clerics).

The silver hilt and silver blade are obtained in later chapters (4-6) in the game. You should come across them naturally as you progress deeper into the plot, one of them when you finally return to Athklata.

If you need any more clarifications, pls feel free to ask
Old 09-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

Jaheira's druid spell "Insect Plague" comes to mind as one of the best in the game, effectively neutralizing, harassing and harming enemy mages. That alone makes her a worthy addition to any party.