Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2001, 11:01 PM   #1
Jimbo
The Magister

Well this is about some things that might be spoilers might not be.....
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>

>>
okay, what was there reasoning on how they developed weapons? Flail of Ages, Lithicor, and a couple of other weapons can be found relatively quick in the game and those who took use in proficiency in those types of weapons paid off.

Thief abilities. Believe it or not, I was wondering if the steal and sell the items was more a bug (example of Grouch, he is a bad thief, go and steal his wares and resell them) or did the designers really want a smart thief to go and get a ton of gold and equipment without having done the slavers quest. I use it because I love to play a thief, and have found alot of places to pickpocket, what items to get, and how to develope my character, but still, it makes you wonder if that was there idea for the thief.

Why does Nalia assume you want her keep if you are a fighter/whatever duel or multi... can't she have another script that says I am not interested and come take refuge with us (like there is for the other classes).

Why are multi druids penalized in profieceny points? They can't earn more than 1 point in two-handed weapons or duel weld, but can put 2 in single weapon or weapon and shield style. Shouldn't they follow the other multi-classing rules? And the fighter/druid duel-class isn't restricted.

Why didn't they make a merchant that sells +4 enchanted weapons of all classes, and have them diffrent stats (cheaper ones with +4 enchanted-with only +1/+1 on hit and damage and make it go up from there), and especially arrows! Dang it sucks that longbowmen are screwed.

Why were devieces in for only str, dex, and charisma? Why not the belt of dwarven kind that gives you 19 con but lowers char. Why not some things to help move around the other stats...

Why are certain events allways triggered... I don't want to start the quest of the unseeing eye when I'm in the middle of my rogue guild quest.

Well that is enough pondering....

Back to setting up some game for when ToB comes out. Oh, anyone know if the mods installed are going to be okay with the expansion?

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 05-27-2001, 01:56 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I personally thought it would have been good to add Tomes into the game. I know there are lots of quests and Korgans quest for the book was ok. But I thought it would have made the game a little better if you could have found, for example, a Tome Of Intelligence, or a Tome of Wisdom, like you can find when you set up a game of D&D. I realise they are supposed to be rare/unusual items but it would have been cool to be able to raise a mages intelligence to 18 or 19 or something. I guess it doesnt really matter becuase so many gamers use Shadow Keeper anyway.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2001, 04:24 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

What I'm wondering is how anyone can finish the Underdark segment without losing the Thief Stronghold.

------------------
Why?